Caznik's Barry Co. Fishing Report 3/14/08

Hello Member's,

Took a friend from work out ice fishing at the lake called Lower Lake. Fishing was very good and so was the nice weather. We started fishing at 4pm and caught 50 nice bluegills by 6pm. The hot bait was spikes and mousies with a yellow and orange ice hook. Looks like if the weather keeps on staying warm and it starts raining, there will be no more safe ice. The ice conditions are still good, but the ice is starting to melt away from shore. Better get out this weekend because it maybe the last time this year.

Good luck to all,

Caznik

Well went out again tonight at Lower lake and caught only 25 with another guy from work. Marked a few fish but had to work very hard for them to bite. The hot bait tonight was wax worms on a black K&E ice hook. Ice is still very good out there so get out and go fishing before it gone.

Rich

nice job rich, i tried to get out on great bear lake yeasterday after noon ,and walked though 8 inches of ice 20 ft from shore LUCKELY it was not that deep about 4 ft ,but i still got wet and it scared the s---t out of me ,so im DONE for the year!

nice job rich, i tried to get out on great bear lake yeasterday after noon ,and walked though 8 inches of ice 20 ft from shore LUCKELY it was not that deep about 4 ft ,but i still got wet and it scared the s---t out of me ,so im DONE for the year!

Terry,

Friday night we caught all those fish where you sat at when you went with us. We tried it there again Saturday night and marked alot of fish bit they would not bite good. So I went hole to hole all day long to get my 16 fish.

Rich

Nice job Rich. Man it's been years since I fished Lower Lake. The last time was when Ken was letting people park at the end of the road.

Well this year in the spring and summer time. If you like to I will take you out fishing there.

Rich

Ps- The fish are to small for a pitch fork, so you may have to just bring a dinner fork with ya and throw at them..:D

Well this year in the spring and summer time. If you like to I will take you out fishing there.

Rich

Ps- The fish are to small for a pitch fork, so you may have to just bring a dinner fork with ya and throw at them..:D

No trouble Rich, I have a fork I use for grilling and it should work just great. :lol: