Chevy lights

Mark

I have a 99 Silverado 1500 and cannot manually turn the lights off when it's dark out....I know what a pain this can be for the other guys at the launch.:angry2:

If anyone knows how to rectify this, it would be much appreciated.

Like said above some gms can be shut off by pushing the dome override button 3 times. This works on my 2001 Taho. I also have a 99 S10 and a 2002 silverado that it doesn't work on. Both of those if you push the E Brake in a click or two before starting they will not come on. I have been told if your truck was made in Canada the the dome override button will not work.

Here's a site thats all GM truck related.

Ken.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/index.php?

It is a bear trying to back up with lights shining in mirrors. Thanks for inquiring on how to shut them off. Some people just don't know better. It would be nice if the launches had signs PARKING LIGHTS ONLY.:)

I think Manistee is about the worst place I have been, as far as launch site etiquette. Weekends are the worst. Lights on. Fishermen tying down and putting rods away in no parking ramp area. They think the no parking signs are for someone else. It's one of the best places as far as number of ramps. :) I guess all places have their share of inconsiderate people. The bigger places just have more room for them. :) Just a grumpy old man's rant. LOL

Again TYVM for inquiring on turning off the lights. Is there instructions in the owners manual? :)

i wired a toggle switch into a 98 GMC that was canadian built, find the power wire for the driverside lowbeam headlight,(by the driverside fender where the fender well meets it) cut the wire and run two wires threw the fire wall to the left side kick pannle run one wire to each end of the wire you cut i used butt connectors with heat shrink and the two wires go to a simple toggle switch and as the left headlight feeds power to the right this works fine i mounted the switch in the kick pannel(drivers side)works great lasts a long time,but the american built models the e-brake thing works.

hope this helps

Thanks guys. A click of the e brake was all it took. I was getting to the launch in Frankfort at 3:30-3:45am and beating the rush hour traffic so as not to tick the other guys off last fall. :) By the way, the fishing was very good when I set lines at 4 in the dark. Thanks again everybody.