paint

I have another question about lure paint. Would anyone happen to know what kind of glow paint moonshine lures ues or where to get it. I think it would work great on some steelhead jigs for river fishing at night

I have another question about lure paint. Would anyone happen to know what kind of glow paint moonshine lures ues or where to get it. I think it would work great on some steelhead jigs for river fishing at night

I believe they get it from www.glowinc.com

thanks but that stuff is expensive is there another site not as expensive!

You can find it on eBay also.

Priority1 picked up some glow paint from someplace. Maybe he is following this thread.

I am following this one. Have a compressor, several old lures that need to be repainted, and would love to order some blanks and try this myself too...

I am following this one. Have a compressor, several old lures that need to be repainted, and would love to order some blanks and try this myself too...

I watched them paint spoons when I was at MiStinger. They use an air brush for painting spoons.

ok. so if your going to try to spray glow paint??? make sure you get the biggest nozzle you can, ive done it with a 1.2 and 0.8. most guns are 0.3, 0.2 or 0.5. if you dont have a larger orifice the little glow particles that are suspended in the paint will not flow and the particles will clog the gun. WHAT A MESS!!! 1st hand experience talking here!! and before spraying glow you MUST prime with WHITE paint!! you will most likely need to thin the glow paint, follow the manufactures giudelines carefully!! good luck and have fun!! john

I did a ton of research on this about a year ago. Forget about glow paint. Paint your lures with light colored paints (white is best). Then get some super glow powder, (green is best glows the longest) Mix this powder with clear lacquer. Deft makes a brushable lacquer. This glow powder is mixed about 3 or 4 parts lacquer to 1 part powder. The powder will tend to settle out fast so it needs constant mixing. It goes a long way. It usually take 3 coats for an acceptable job. After you get the desired glow put on a clear coat of lacquer. I bought 1/2 pound for about $15 over a year ago. I haven't seen it for that price since. Here is a link with their product and, a no bull explanation on how it works and how to use it. I'll get some lures out and take some pics and post them.

http://www.glonation.com/

Notice these spinner blades and downrigger weight they were painted white and glow coated. The canon ball got banged up some. J plugs, spoons, and meat pennants. These were all done with a brush. The glow stuff is grainy, so put a clear coat over it.

DSCN1360.jpg

See the yellow tail S.S. They were the non glow before. Notice the difference in intensity. The clean white glows the best.

In a post above I made a statement to, "Forget about Glow Paint". Now you are saying "SAY WHAT:confused:!!" Boomerang had a good point above with the air brush information, and the fact that the glow stuff has particles and needs a larger nozzle in order not to plug up.:)

It is also not that difficult to brush this stuff on. with good results.:) The fish will not give a rip, if the lure is painted evenly or looks good enough to hang up and sell. So even if you don't like the way it looks, the fish will not even notice.

We all found out how expensive the Super glow stuff is. You can buy the cheap stuff but it will NOT glow near as long. All paint has pigment in it. even some white paints have some dark pigments in them. What all glow paints have in them, is the glow powder. The Super Glow Powder particles have to be exposed to UV light in order to glow. Bury this glow powder in paint, and it limits the glow. The glow particles get hidden behind the pigments in the paint. Granted there will be some glow particles on the surface that will glow, but a lot of the expensive glow particles will be buried in pigment, never to see the light. The link I posted above has a lot of this information in it. The best way to use the glow stuff is to buy the powder, and mix it in clear lacquer. You have all noticed that the best glowing lures are the white, or pale colored ones. For best results use the glow powder mixed in clear lacquer over a white object. The pale colors will also glow well but not as good as white. There are also some clear drying acrylics that clean up with water and can be used, but for the best and most durable finish use the brushable or spray type clear lacquer. The acrylics have somewhat of a yellow tinge to them that will also cut down on the glow. It will take a few thin coats of the super glowed lacquer and one plain lacquer clear coat to do the job up right. I have turned a lot of lures that never got washed, into the best producers I have.:)

I had a couple of my super glow Js that were hotter than an over sexed Billy Goat. A friend that fished with me promptly brought over a couple of his Js, before taking his Churches youth group out fishing. I glowed them up,and they did a number on the Manistee Kings. The only problem I had is after the trip he brought some more J Plugs over for me to glow.:lol: