Stackers

Sliders are the way to go. Before it gets light I will send down a free slider and when it gets light I tend to set a fixed slider about 10-12 feet above the bottom spoon.

I think stacking is a pain in the arse as well as being inefficient.

I'll use fixed sliders and I'll vary the spread on lines.

Fixed at 5 ft on 1 side and 7-10 on the other or whatever...spread 'em out and mix 'em up.

My Sunday story, the one double I had on 1 line was on a pair of watermelons 5 ft apart.......

I definitely don't put a spoon down on a rigger w/out a slider unless they're running shallow. Haven't tried the mupp rig yet but I've heard it's productive also.

I run spoon stackers on top of dodger/fly rigs though with good seperation - I've heard of guys running sliders off dodger/fly rigs but I can see that being a real mess. Does anybody run those consistently???

DAN

I very rarely fish a rigger(I only have 2) without a slider. I fish alone a lot and consider it an important part of my spread. This time of year I usually run 1 fixed and 1 free. After a thermocline sets up, and/or if I want to run a dodger/fly, I run fixed sliders only.

Irish, I run fixed sliders above dodger rigs most of the time, without significant problems. I sometimes run them pretty close together(6-8') when the fish are in tight, also. A big king on the slider can make a tangled mess, and even occasionally break off the slider leader due to said tangle, but... I put up with it.

I usually won't run sliders at dusk, dawn, or when the bite is hot. I want my main rigs in the water as quick as possible and usually catch enough fish at these times to warrant not using them.

Once the fishing slows or if I am looking for a bite pattern I will use fixed sliders to help tell me what the fish will bite, and then to complement my spread by giving the look of a school of bait.

• 2 weeks later...
I usually won't run sliders at dusk, dawn, or when the bite is hot. I want my main rigs in the water as quick as possible and usually catch enough fish at these times to warrant not using them.

Once the fishing slows or if I am looking for a bite pattern I will use fixed sliders to help tell me what the fish will bite, and then to complement my spread by giving the look of a school of bait.

Good point Levi.