Kingfisher

Here is the Kingfisher, she's an 86, Starcraft Islander V221. Powered by an 170 HP fuel effecient Mercruiser 4 Cylinder and Honda 15HP kicker. Pair of Scotty Downriggers, 2 Cannon Mag (old hard body style) and a decent collection of rod holders all on TraxxTech Rails. She came with a Raymarine L750 sonar and we added last year a Lawrance GlobalMap 5300c GPS. This year might see the addition of a temp probe, we'll see how things pan out.

She's a great boat! I can't wait to get back out on the water!!

DSC03932.jpg

DSC03928.jpg

We started in a 16.5 Tracker Deep V, and bought this 3 season's ago now. We just love it more and more as we use it. It's the perfect boat for us, big enought to be comfortable in any conditions we'd want to fish in, and small enought to be easily trailerable.

We started in a 16.5 Tracker Deep V, and bought this 3 season's ago now. We just love it more and more as we use it. It's the perfect boat for us, big enought to be comfortable in any conditions we'd want to fish in, and small enought to be easily trailerable.

I had a 16.5 SeaNymph With 2 Cannons on the corners, and 50 HP. My son still has that boat. I was looking for a 22 Aluminum hull HT for quite some time. There was a one month period when I owned 2 Islanders. I bought one very reasonable to use until I found a HT. I never fished that boat, and only had it 6 weeks. The boat even sold for a slight profit. My thoughts are like yours as far as comfort and portability. The 22 Islander is easier on fuel than the 16.5 SeaNymph. My average walleye trip uses 5 gal. and Salmon trips about 6 gal. I don't use a kicker.

• 1 month later...

how do you like your GPS? we have the same unit new last year and we now are on our 3rd new one,warrenty of course no problems there but i was curious if you were haveing any problems with yours(great unit when it works right)

The lake map chip is a must!!

TadPole-

Our GPS has been flawless we love it. I'm almost afraid to ask what's been going on with yours, as I don't want to jinx mine! I think it's a great unit, works fast, easy to use, good display. We looked at a lot of units and for the $$ setteled on the Lowrance. We got a pretty good deal on it.

well it seams that at times it takes forever to accaire it's position,and then it often loses position and at times it might take 45 min. before it reaquires,we have sent it in and they sent it back with a print out that they had replaced the unit,but when i turned it on last night it aquired its position in about 30 seconds, but it showed tracks when we was out on a local lake with it late last fall so i dont know if they repaired the original unit or if they transfered the data from the old unit.but it does seam to be working fine now but the real test is soon to come.

but i agree this thing is awesome when it works right!! do you have the lake map chip for it? if not it is well worth the $100.00 it costs

Tad Pole-

Lets hope that the just transfered the data over for you. I owuld think that shouldn't be difficult for them to do. Yes we have the LakeMaster chips, your are right they are awsome. I'm likely going to be buying the computer software for my laptop soon as well.

Here updated pictures with the name on the boat finally, and the new cockpit layout with the SubTroll in place. We also added a set of bird tree's and two more small TraxTech rails for some extra holders on the side.

Had it out yesterday for shakedown and eveyrthing works just like it should! Can't wait to really start fishing!

DSC04584.jpg

DSC04582.jpg

DSC04581.jpg

DSC04580.jpg