New look on the web

Thanks for the input! I'm having issues with a buddy running IE6, he's telling me the main content loads a screens length too low. Are you guys seeing the same thing? I did the browser, and page check utillity and it shows no problems. It looks ok on firefox and IE7 on my end so I'm stumped.. Mike got any ideas?

tia

Thanks for the input! I'm having issues with a buddy running IE6, he's telling me the main content loads a screens length too low. Are you guys seeing the same thing? I did the browser, and page check utillity and it shows no problems. It looks ok on firefox and IE7 on my end so I'm stumped.. Mike got any ideas?

tia

I just opened it on IE6 at work. The image does not line up with the text. What are you using for building the page?

Hi all,

Mike I'm using dreamweaver cs3. I fudged the code some, i got some help from photoshoptechniques forum. But i don't know if it fixed it until someone with ie6 looks at it. If you get a chance take a look and let me know.

Thanks!

Ray

Ray, here is something that helps with IE.

Are you getting error messages when trying to D/L files from the site?

Then try this:

Zip Fix For IE Users

To fix zip problem using ie do this

Go to Internet Options and choose the Advanced tab. Under Settings, find the “Use HTTP 1.1†setting. Uncheck this setting and Apply.

Ray,

You have a lot of the Stinger spoon platings listed incorrectly.

ie:

Copper Hammered

SHWM Watermelon

S = Silver plated finish

SH = Silver hammered plated finish

C = Copper plated finish

CH = Copper hammered finish

G = Gold plated finish

GH = Gold hammered plated finish

On your home page, you have a link and image for all of your suppliers. I would remove all of the links to the suppliers on the homepage, and create the "Links page". I would only have the links page in the footer like you have it.

Why would I remove the links to the suppliers? Most suppliers have a dealers page on where to purchase items from. By having the suppliers on your home page, you are pushing people to the suppliers page, where they may find somewhere else to purchase from. Hide the link. ;)

Look at some of the tackle companies websites. ie...cabelas and basspro.

Do you have a shopping cart software? People like to click on links to select what they want to order. ie....clicking on a specific color to order instead of having to type it in.

I could not find Stinger magnums?

Mike

Thanks Mike,

I fixed the finishes. The small logos on my home page go to pages on my site. The add to cart is the same as it was on my old site, but your right I probably should change it. There's no way I can put 55 add to cart buttons for each size, the page would be huge. But I can add a drop down list with all the names so they can select the ones they want from the list. We don't carry the magnums, just scorpion, standard, and stingray. Thank you for the reply I really appreciate the feedback! :D