What a day, the winds calmed down and the sun was shining. Great day on the river. My buddy Steve boated the first two.

This buck has been in for a while but he put up an awesome fight.

3-1-08.jpg

Can you say spawn supply replenished!!!;)

3-1-08-b.jpg

I finally put one in the boat after a couple hours.

3-1-08-c.jpg

My turn to land a big hen!

3-1-08-d.jpg

Steve get's his 3rd steelie. Another big fish!

3-1-08-e.jpg

Nice to not have to clean ice off the rod guides all day. We were drifting spawn bags on the bottom. Another boat had been working this hole for a while and left. We dropped in for a couple quick drifts and bam, I get my third too. What a way to end the day and start off March! I love this month:D

3-1-08-f.jpg

Thanks, we are rigging with a main line to a 3 way swivel, then a short dropper to some split shot and a 3 ft leader to a single number 4 or 6 egg hook. With using split slot for weights, it's easy to add or take some off to adjust your drift.

With the crowds that come out this time of year, glad to share the location details by PM to members. Not into helping lurkers who don't contribute here.

Ned, PM sent.

It was 33 when we started, peaked at 35 mid afternoon. They will move in when it's cold, just don't typically cross fish ladders or start spawning until it get to the 40's. The front part of the run is the best for biters. Most people feel April is the month to steelhead, I prefer the front end of the run happening now through March. Once they start spawning, they are more visable on the gravel but don't bite as well and I'm done. Keep in mind I fish the SW, it is a bit later in the northern part of the state.