22 Whaler Revenge

Yooperdad

WebRevenge4.JPG

This is a 1984 Whaler that had spent most of it's life in a boat house. I found and bought it in 2006. It even came with a variety of canvas configurations, all original, and all like new. Re-powered with a 200 Merc, now have 4 Walker electrics and a Subtroll, and am hot for the season to get here. Haven't had much time to fish the last few years but when I do, I fish at Fairport, MI, (the photo), Cedar River(Green Bay), or close to home in Marquette on Lake Superior.

The boat is a great fishing platform, small enough to trailer, yet big enough for most any weather conditions that come along.

YooperDad

Thanks. My first time out to fish it was in 4-7's with wind. Everyone chose to stay in port and go back to bed because of the conditions, except one guy who said he was going to try it for a while. Being so anxious, I decided to follow him out, first to chart the way between the rocks to deep water, and second because I was so hot to fish.

I was just amazed that with those conditions, we were actually able to fish with the wind and it really wasn't that bad. Even put a few in the box. Made a believer of me in my "new to me" Whaler.

YooperDad

Thank you. I really like the old girl. The only downside, now that I am getting old and fat:D, is the difficulty getting up front. There is a hatch on the foredeck but not real big. An arch to hang on to would be nice.

Yooperdad