Brown Blast April 5th, St. Joseph MI

Adjusted3

This is the traditional Brown Blast that is the first event held each year over the last 4 out of St. Joe that pits the West Michigan League against the St. Joseph Fishing League.

Even if you do not belong to ether of these leagues, you can still fish it as an independent being elgible for all the prizes. The prize for the winning leage is a traveling trophy.

The weigh in is at the St. Joseph Boat House. While there, there will be a spoon swap and teh Coast Guard Aux will be conducting boat saftey inspections, and you will get your decal if you pass. Here is a link of the form that they will be using. it you follow that and pass yourself, you will have no issues passing the actual inspection.

http://forms.cgaux.org/archive/a7012.pdf

The rules of the game--------------

Launch and run at anytime, but lines in no earlier then 5:30am.

Stop time is at 1:00 pm.

Weigh in is at the St. Joseph Boat house. Most of you know where it is. If you don't just let me know and I can PM a map to you or you can just follow someone to the Boathouse from the Launch.

We would like to start weigh in at 2-2:30. If you are running late just let someone know.

Weigh in you best 1 man DNR 5 fish.

10 points per fish + weight

5 point bonus on each and any Brown in the catch. Max of 3 browns can be weighed in.

$25 entry, $5 of it goes to the big fish.

The payout is 100% - 8 places with big fish and big brown. The same fish could take both. First 3 places and the big fish is money places, the rest is merchandise places.

No cull – Our no cull is that if you hook it, it goes into your possession limit. No boat side releases. You cannot release a fish unless it is illegal, (laker), you are filled on that species or it is undersized.

9 rods

Keep a maximum of a 3 man DNR limit.

No maximum of the number of anglers on your boat.

For the Battle of the leagues Trophy:

You must have fished for that league in the past year or be signed up to fish that league for this year to declare participation. If you do not belong to either league, no problem, you would still be fishing for all the prizes stated above and we simply declare you as an independent.

The top 3 boats from each league as determined at general weigh in will form a League TWO man DNR catch for a final weigh in for the trophy. Max of 6 browns in that final basket. Bonus points will apply and points will be as stated above.

One final item:

We encourage team work between the 2 teams and for everyone that is fishing. Please exchange cell numbers, assist by radio, 2-ways or what ever. Our radios are being monitored on channel 68 and 72 and we will offer any assistance we can to get you on fish.

Here is a boat list of participants at this point.

Boats that are fishing the Brown Blast:

1) Running Arends - St. Joe

2) Adjusted 3 - St. Joe

3) Danger Dan - St. Joe

4) Midway97 - St. Joe

5) SalmonSlayer - St. Joe

6) Makowish - West

7) Spoonfed - St. Joe

8) Mark Turner - St. Joe

9) Dirtydog2 - West

10) Caznik - West

11) junior mint - independent

12) Sixshooter - West

13) Catfishhoge - West

14) Paullywood - West

15) Shrek - St. Joe

16) Glmiller - St. Joe

17) Raymond S - St. Joe

18) Fish-on - St. Joe

19) BDwauk - St. Joe

20) DonP - St. Joe

21) Fistful-of-Dollars - St. Joe

22) Sidfishious - St. Joe

23) Twilight Zone - West

24) Csootsman - independent

25) Wook - independent

26) twice-as-nice - independent

27) Horseshoe - independent

28) Naperboiler - independent

You can sign up on Greatlakesfisherman.com on this post, or on Michigan-Sportsman.

For more info, see this link---

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=216402

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 5th or April.

Mark Crawford & Steven Arend.

Fish Dog Co

Here is a link to the Marina.

http://www.fishermansway.com/home.html

You can do Marnia application direct with them or send it to me and I will bulk pay them and collect back from you on Friday night. The rate they have given us is 30.00 per night to include the use of the fishcleaning station. I will need your application by 4/1 as I have to pay the harbor master 4/4.

Mark

• 1 month later...

is the ice gone of the beach there, yet or is there a buch foating out around near the beach there is still 4 inches of snow on the ground here

just wondering if i need to blow the anti freeze out of the old i/o next week or not