leadcore leader

If I use 27lb leadcore I use at least 50ft of floro and then a 12 to 20 lb 6ft floro leader. I use the power pro 30lb to 50lb for backing. I have had excellent hook up ratio and with all the sag or bow lead has in it I have had very few break offs. My catch rate went way up when I increased the leader length from 30ft to 50ft. Good Luck

I couldn't say that it is better, however I like to have a 50' leader off my leadcore. I have heard that some guys like to use the fluorocarbon. They say it is less visible therefore triggering more strikes.

good luck...

15-20#, I have heard of some captains running 12# line off downriggers when they are running them clean. ie., no spin doctors, flashers or dodgers. So that is something else to think about what you are going to run and how off of your leadcore.

I used 40-60 feet of 20# P-Line (Halo) Fluoro last year for lead core leaders and really liked it. It has a light green tint to it and claims to have a faster sink rate than other fluorocarbons... Maxima is also a great line.

We use 20 pound Gamma Flourocarbon Leader Materials on all our slider lines, diver leaders, and copper and lead core leaders. But, both P-Line and Seaguar make great flourocarbon too. Otherwise, 20 pound Ultra Green Maxima mono is hard to beat.