Wire Divers

Nailer

I'm going to start running two wire divers this year. On the 1.5-2 setting how much deeper will they dive compared to the super line diver with the same setting?

I know when we where at Detour a few years back, we hit the bottom at 65' with 200 feet out with our super line divers.

Ken.

If using wire for divers, I would never use anything but the Magnum Dipsy Diver. The Magnum diver takes the advantages of wire and makes it even better and way more effective, with less line out! Size 1 divers are always used with super braid only, usually for fishing higher in the water column.

How do you attach the line to the reel? What test do you use? Is the wire multi-strand? Iam getting ready to re spool 2 dipsy rods and may consider using it. Also do you have to use a roller rod or could a twilly tip work....sorry if i remind you of that one kid next door! LOL!

Just a couple overhand knots to the reel spool should hold it. If it ever gets that low, for who knows why, the no stretch in the wire isn't going to be on your side of the battle. :) 30 pound test is a good choice and it is 7-strand stainless steel wire. A roller rod is of course the best choice, but depending on what type/brand of rod you are thinking about using with a Twilli Tip, the wire will blow out or wear away at the guides and it isn't great on the wire itself either. We used to use it without a roller rod, but it ate up rods pretty quick. I would say get a roller rod up front as it will save lots of headaches and potential problems in the long run.

If you are going to go w/ a roller rod, spend money on a good one. The first year I used an Eagle Claw roller rod and lost 3 dipsey, flasher, fly setups. Last year I used a pair of Daiwa Heartland dipsey rods w/ Twilli tips and had no problems. I was really happy w/ how they performed. And for $37 for the rod and tip, they are much more affordable than $120 Shimano Talora's.