Updates

I have not done anything with mine and won't until April :( I have my professional engineering exam to take on April 11th. It is 8 hours long and requires a lot of focus to study for it. I know the only way I'll be disciplined enough to put in adequate studying it to postpone getting the boat out. :(

However, I'm planning on adding a new custom cockpit cover to replace my existing cover, a cannon lure speed/temp indicator, a pair of Berts trees, and a lighting system similiar to the one GLF posted.

Lucky for me I have a great crew who all volunteered to hammer all of the work out in a weekend :D I'm sure with thier help, we'll be out on the lake the 2nd or 3rd weekend of April.

I am still in the process of finishing my rebuild. Got a new head for my old 488. (used a Ford 460 head and milled the water connection in) Finishing a little at a time. Only working one handed since my shoulder surgery, But I have time. hehe

Once that one is finished, I have placed a deposit on a 1986 Penn Yan, 26 footer.

Gonna do that one, and then sell my 24'.

Sure glad I'm not rushed for time.

Oh yeah, got my Captains training coming up next month. LOL

The weather has not been working with me the last couple of weeks. I have planned to go up to the boat 4 times, and we got a bunch of snow each time.

Things to do:

Repair/replace bad alternator

Repair/replace I/O's trim motors(both) :eek:

Put name on back of boat

Fix steering issue with second I/O

Install radar arch and permantly mount lights(fore and aft)

Add speed/temp unit

Reseal bow railing.

Change Engine oil(both engines)

Change oil in outdrives(both I/O's)

There is probably more......:rolleyes:

I have rebuilt the fuel pump, replaced the fuel line, I have a set of plug wires on the way, and I just replaced the master cylinder and keel roller on the trailer. Things I need to do yet are; grease the outdrive and trailer, adjust the trailer brakes, and go through all my stored equipment onboard. Right after ice out it will get washed in the lake then washed on the driveway. The stall in the garage will also get cleaned on the first or second trip. Everything gets checked before and after the first trip.

I'm glad i don't have a list like the ones posted. Seems like every season it's been that way. Work work work on the boat and try to get it ready. Last season I had some major repairs that kept me out of fishing for a great deal of the season. I got all the bugs worked out by late summer but work wouldn't allow me to fish the fall run. Subsequently, I have for the most part with exception of a good cleaning and wax job, a fresh boat to start with. I do want to add to my stereo system this spring. Nothing major, just an amp and two more speakers.

I've barely started. I bought a fuse box to run all of my electronics off. Now I have to buy the electric riggers and Depth Raider and wire everything in. I also need to have my lower unit looked at. I think that I might have ruined a seal when I hit that sandbar in Muskegon Lake last year. I was going to do it myself but now I think that I'll have to pay someone. The outdrive also needs to be pulled and have the exhaust bellows, gimbal bearing, shift bellows, etc. replaced. Probably have to pay someone to do that too. I added a set of rod trees last year and need to have them cut and rewelded, their a little tall. Not to mention that my trailer hitch should be taken apart and greased and the surge brakes adjusted. I do have must of my rods set up and ready to go. Started working on spoons and flies. Need to be ready by April. I need to get a crew like SG's, I do all of the work myself.