light problem

Mark

I have an older skidoo snowmobile that has a headlamp/tailight issue. I got a new bulb and put it in, worked fine. My problem is that after the machine has been running for a few minutes, the light starts to fade until it doesn't even work at all. I'll start it up the next day and it works great for a minute again-then kaput.

Any ideas? :confused:

Hey, since Mark got such good advice I also have a snowmobile question. The kill switch will turn the sled off when it just idles but after running it for a while it just keeps running. I have to pull the spark plug wires to get it to shut down. It was idling real fast so I turned it down. Any ideas.

Sounds like both you guys have some grounding issues. Sleds tend to get corroded and so the voltage tends to float cause it doesnt have anywhere to dissapate to. (paulywood) You probbably have a bad kill switch or connection to the kill switch. (Mark) You probably have a bad ground at the light where the bulb meets the connector or somewhere someone down the line cut or pinched the wires leading to the light. If the voltage regulator is bolted to the frame make sure that there is a good connection to ground(frame there).