It Never Ends. Also A Heads Up on Hoses.

While tinkering in the garage, I notice a small spot under my boat trailer coupler. I pulled the Atwood coupler and noticed a small leak in the surge brakes master cylinder. I checked the shock absorber, and it was fine. I ordered a new master cylinder, a rubber boot that goes on the business end, and a reservoir cap. I also needed a Keel Roller so I ordered one from the same place, Eastern Marine.

On my list of things to do was change plug wires cap and rotor so I got that stuff coming from Aftermarket Discount Marine. I changed the spark plugs last August, and I keep a new spare set all gapped and ready in the boat.

Just MO MONEY $$$$$. But damn that boat runs better than my wifes car.:lol: Little things that need doing get taken care of. I just finished rebuilding the fuel pump and changing fuel hose.

It would behoove you all to check your fuel system hoses on the older boats. There is some alcohol is most all the fuel. These hoses and fuel system parts were not designed to handle alcohol. The hoses will look OK on the outside. The last thing you need is a fuel leak, and it may be just that, THE LAST THING. Make sure you replace them with alcohol resistant C.G. approved hose. The alcohol in the fuel was deteriorating my fuel hose from the inside out. The alcohol in the fuel also took it's toll on my older fuel pump. The newer parts and kits are alcohol resistant.