Sending Jerky To Iraq

caznik

Well my other future son inlaw went to Iraq for a year to cover for other men that has been there for a year. What I want to do is send him some venison jerky over there so he can share with his friends and have for himself. I took him out hunting this year and he happen to shoot a doe for the first time and he will not beable to eat any of it. Him and I processed it and made sure his dad and mom had meat to eat for the winter. I want to ship it to him but not for sure how to do it. Can I put it in food saver bags and just ship it or will it spoil? Please let me know so I can surprise him with some venison jerky.

Thank you,

Rich

I would pack it small packages so that once it's opened it's eaten promptly.:)

Somehow I think you could send a 55 gallon trash bag filled with it, and it would be eaten promptly.

God Bless our Troops!

Rich,

When we sent our packages to the troops before Christmas, we could not ship anything that was listed as "PERISHABLE".... and we were trying to send salted peanuts. I guess if you want you could not list it on the Customs label.

Good Luck, and God Speed to all our Troops.

Rich,

I think I have some info on sending things over, I'll look around. My friends little brother is on his 3rd tour over there. He drives a Bradley. I have a lot of respect for him and all of the other troops. Yesterday was also the last day for one of my coworkers, he joined the Marines.

Thanks guys,

I will have to see what i can do and how to do it. My plans will be to vacum seal the jerky and only small amouts. But I know as soon as his friends try it that they will take it all in one day.

Its really good,

Rich