What do you think is the #1 fighting fish in any Great lakes

What is your #1 fighting fish fishing the Great lakes  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What is your #1 fighting fish fishing the Great lakes

• King salmon
    • Laker's
    • Coho's
    • Steelhead's
    • Perch (something Dv8or has a hard time with LOL)
    • walleye

What do you like fishing for on the Great Lakes when it comes to the fight of a fish? My vote would have to be the Skamania Steelhead because that fish will not stop jumping out of the water and is a very tuff fish to bring in the boat. I remember fishing in the Harbor at Frankfort and they was very thick in there and my dad and I was hooking on lots of them. We lost alot of lures and lost allot of Skams that day. That afternoon we caught 4 Skams and lost so many it wasn't funny

I did watch Dv8oR reel in a 3.5lb smallmouth last year, but did not see smallmouth on the poll. That critter had shoulders on it I tell ya!

If I fished Lake Ontario where those Moby Chinook's roam, I would say Chinook. Since I fish Lake Michigan, I would have to say Steelhead.

I have only fished Erie in the last 20 or so years so I have to say Steelhead, nothing like seeing a 10 lb'er come 5-6 ft out of the water !!!!!!!!

But on the other hand.................rdfishin does make a good point, maybe if the sheephead would learn how to jump !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***I think I need some warm weather,startin to go crazy***

Al

I'm going to keep with the perch.

Fierce rod breaking action........

It may be fun to watch me have a hard time reeling in a perch, but it would never compare to the bottomless beer Rich had at a certain tourney camping trip! (not to mention the scope-eye he caught a couple of years ago!)

• 1 month later...

It was a tough choice but for over here on Lake Superior its the STEEL HEAD

they put on the greatest show..but if you want a long battle try a 35 lb laker down at 150 ft..some days it take an hr or 2 to bring him up..