What kind of boat is #1

Lets see what kind of boat brand name is #1 for fishing on the Great Lakes. I like to take a poll on this but there are so many out there. The dead line to reply to this thread will be next Friday.

My vote will be: Lund Boats

Cazzzzzz:D

This is going to end up like a Chevy VS Ford thing......

Obviously I'm going to say 4Winns or Wellcraft GLF will say Sea Ray, etc etc etc.....

Not my exact 4Winns, but give me a 22ft downer, or a 28 ft Wellcraft Coastal (which you might see me on anyway this year) and I'd be good to go!

They both build a hell of a hull!

Rich,

Everyone knows that a 202 Regal Valenti bowrider is the greatest Great Lakes boat ever built:grin:

Seriously, I am a big fan of the fiberglass walkaround's for fishing. They offer a comfortable ride and are very versatile. That's what my next boat is going to be. Wellcraft, Pursuit, Pro-Line, and Grady-White are some of the most popular. I'm not picky, I'd take any of them.

If $$ was no option (gas, slip, rigging)...Tiara 4200 Open Tournament Series. That wouldn't be overkill for the great lakes.

If we're talking silly stupid overkill bad a$$ give me a Hatteras Sportfishing Convertible-min 50'.

More practical and realistic I'd be taking a close look at a Hewes Craft w/ twin outboards for year round fishing and low maintenance...plus with those hulls you could fish in about anything you would be comfortable to do so in.

I'm big of the walkarounds, too! Particularly a 26' Grady or Striper(Seaswirl) with twin 4strokes off the back. I've been on board a couple for fishing and they are great. My next boat will be a good, quality built walkaround. Those Welcraft Coastals are cool, too.

Although, my Lund is great and takes the seas like a champ. She's really easy on the budget, has ample floor space, and handles the riggers to great lakes trolling very well. Plus, I spend very little money in gas.

I am running a 19.5' Starcraft Fishmaster. I like it because the back is open and I can trailer it all over the state.

This is the same boat my BIL owns. 2004 196 Fishmaster, have spent quite a bit of time on his and it rocks.

I purchased a new 16 1/2 foot Lund in 2007. It has a 91 inch beam and is very stable for a boat its size. It is a bit too small for the big lake but is an absolute perfect all around boat. I especially like the trak system that obviates the need to do any hole drilling to mount rod holders and riggers.

I can't wait until Spring. I spent the last six months equipping the boat with rod holders, spoons, flies, dipseys, radio, color fish finder etc, and now look forward to catching some fish!

Big fan of my Thompson...too bad they are not in business anymore.

This use to be my number one to way back when my dad and mom was into this fishing. I didn't know that they stoped making these very nice boats. I use to like them because of all the room in the back and the nice hard top.

Rich

This use to be my number one to way back when my dad and mom was into this fishing. I didn't know that they stoped making these very nice boats. I use to like them because of all the room in the back and the nice hard top.

Rich

Thompson went out of business back in 1997.

the good news is that in Dec of 2005, Yar Craft (a Thompson spin off company) purchased the name rights and molds for the Thompson boats and eventually have plans on reintroducing the 240 fisherman as the "Thompson 240 Fisherman by Yar-Craft"

I have a 24' Thompson myself, a 1986 Model 252 Hardtop and it is a great boat. but if I could get any boat out there, it would be a Tiara Open (2700, 2900, 3100)

Tim