Hey dare now!

Well I've been lurking here off and on for past few days and thought i oughta be polite and introduce myself. I'm not a strnager to the forum world and have taken a liking to this site, good info, i haven't seen any of the nasties that sometime occurs at other sites, my kudos to the mods and pro staff!!

I'm becoming reaquainted with the GL fishing world. I grew up on the pond down by the Root in Racine, fished on the boat, pier (I preferred south pier) and the river. for river fishing I liked Pikes at the Golf course in Kenosha better water as in no shopping carts or car tires in the stream and fewer crowds, although have heard that has changed.

I went away to college to God's country, Ashland Wi, on the big pond, Lake Superior were i was infected with the ice bug....bobbing for Lakers in 100' water on 6 inches of ice with two foot rod, no stretch line, large airplane jigs tipped with herring belly. Talk about fishing extreme, when one of those mud puppies would hitWHAM!! they'd nearly rip the rod out of your hand,

Den I moved again, fell in love all over.... with 'eyes dis time, just can't seem to shake the 'eye infection, gets in your blood something terrible

So guess what? i move again, now i live in central WI on the WI River, still have 'eyes, but the pressure is sum-ting awful, come mid july the flies are hidious, water skiers, jet skis, inner tubes, bikinis and eye candy (okay i like that part) everywhere...so i gets to tinking, why??? i'm like.... only an hour and half from Two Rivers, got a boat, although only 16 foot, she'll do....hhmmmmmmmm...next ting you know, I've been scabbing together gear. The family's selling the big boat, I inherited some rods and reels, a tangeled box of "vintage" lures, found a net at a garage sale, couple more rods and such, looking at buying some rod holders online (found a good deal from info on this site), next ting you know i'm at this site and a few others gleeming a bunch of info and suddenly laying awake at night thinking of set ups, what i need to purchase yet and trying to come up with a name for the boat ( I think it's scareligious to fish the pond without a naming the vessel)

So dues me a favor and accept my offer of greetings and tell me to stopp yacking!!

HI!

Enjoy some pix!!

(Images are clickable)

th_SCAN0017_017.jpg

th_SCAN0007_007.jpg

Me about 30 lbs lighter, ten years younger and a lot longer hair18_1_303.gif

th_SCAN0016_016.jpg

Welcome aboard Phishy. From the sounds of it, it looks like you have put your time in on the water. You forgot one small detail......Whats your name???????

We have a weekly chat in Fish Chat on Wednesdays at 8pm EST. Pop in if you have the time and say "Hi".

If you need anything, let out a shout!

Mike

Welcome James.

Glad to see you like it here. If any questions, ask away.

You will find there is no "bashing" or that kind of rude behavior here.

The guys and girls here are really the nicest bunch you will find.

Enjoy your stay, Bill. (boat name WeekDaze) (aka shu9265)