2008 Lake Michigan Stinger Challenge Sign Up!

GLF

Stinger Challenge

stinger.jpg

24 May 2008

Blow date - 25 May 2008

Fishermans Landing, Muskegon, MI

What is the Stinger Challenge?

The Stinger Challenge is a fishing event with everyone on the same playing field. Everyone receives the EXACT SAME lure package at a discounted price! Everyone is limited to having no more than 6 lines in the water at one time. This gives the person with 2 people in the boat the same chance as someone with 4 people in the boat. The lures in your lure package are the only lures you are allowed to use. If you loose one or all of your baits, you are not allowed to replace it/them with another lure from your box.

What does is cost to fish in the event?

There are two costs associated with this event. One is the entry fee for the event($30.00($5.00 go's toward big fish pot)), and the other is the cost of your lure package($45.00). The total cost is $75.00

What does the lure package consist of.

The lure package will consist of:

2 Stinger Spoons(Standard Size)

4 Stingray Spoons(1 Nitro)

2 Magnum Spoons

2 Flashers(These are the new Stinger custom painted Prochip 8's)

2 Flies

2 Dive Bombs(3oz and 4oz)

1 Hat

The cost of the lure package is $45.00. This lure package and hat would normally cost over $80.

Lure packages must be paid for by 3 May.

Additional Stinger hats and T-shirts will be available to purchase at a discounted price at the weigh in. If you are planning on ordering extra hats, or T-shirts, I need to know shirt size(s) and color in advance.

What color are the baits in the lure package?

You will not know the colors of your lures until the morning of the event. This is another elements of the challenge. No one knows what colors they are getting.

Can I just pay for the discounted lure package and not fish in the event?

Absolutely not!

If you do not show up for the event, your lure package will be DONATED as a prize at the event, and your money WILL NOT be refunded. In the event you sign up for the challenge and can not make it, you may try to find someone to fish in your place.

When will I get my lure package?

I will have everyones lure package in a bag at the boat ramp, the morning of the event. When the entry fee for the event is paid, you will get your lure package.

Fishing Event Rules:

1 - Entry fee($30.00($5.00 for big fish)) is to be paid by 5:30am.

2 - You are not allowed to alter the appearance of a spoon in your lure package. ie...no adding/removing tape, or adding paint. You may change hooks.

3 - You are only allowed to fish the lures that are in your lure package. If you are caught fishing with a lure that is not in your package, you will be disqualified.

4 - If you loose one or all of your baits, you are not allowed to replace it/them with another lure(s) from your box.

5 - You may not set a line before 6am

6 - You may not have more than 6 lines in the water at a time. If you are caught with more than 6 lines in the water, you will be disqualified.

7 - You must be checked in at Fishermans Landing by 1pm. There will be someone on the dock to check you in when you come in. If you are not checked in by 1pm, you will be disqualified.

8 - Weigh-in will start at 1:30pm.

9 - There is no limit to the amount of people in your boat.

10 - You may not have in your possession more than a 3 person limit.

11 - You may only weigh in 5 fish of any kind. Chinook, coho, steelhead, brown trout, or lake trout.

12 - Each salmon(chinook or coho) you weigh in is worth 10 bonus points. Each trout(brown trout, lake trout, or steelhead) is worth 15 bonus points.

13 - Make sure you know which fish is your big fish before you come to the scales. NO CHECKING AT THE SCALES!

14 - NO CULL RULE - If you net the fish or box the fish you must keep the fish. There will be no throwing back fish unless they are under size.

15 - All boats will leave from Fisherman's Landing by water, and return to Fisherman's Landing.

16 - If your boat breaks and you can not make it in by check in time, you may bring your cooler in another boat to weigh-in. Someone from your crew needs to accompany it.

17 - All boats/coolers will be checked at the ramp before the tournament begins.

stinger.jpg

Sounds like a blast...How many boats were there last year? Is this just advertised here on GLF or is this pretty big? Doesnt really matter to me just curious..... Sign Me Up

Andrew

Last year was the first year I ran it. There were 11 teams that fished it. This tourney is only advertised on this site, and you have to sign up in this thread in order to fish it.

I will be sending out a private message to everyone who has signed up. In this private message wille be an address on where to send payment for the lure package, and a waiver that will need to be signed.

Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder. There will be a cannon mag 5 or 10 raffled off if there are over 10 boats in the tourney.

If there are less than 15 teams, only two spots will be paid out.

1st - 60%

2nd - 40%

15 teams or more will pay out 3 spots.

1st - 50%

2nd - 30%

3rd - 20%