Can you remember the 1st time

caznik

Just like to know if you can remember way back who took you out fishing for the first time and what did you fish for.

My first time was when I must of been around 10 and my grandpa took me out bluegill fishing on Lower Lake. He bought me a new cane pole and went out fishing for some gills. We caught alot of fish and then went home and had a big mess of fish to eat for dinner.

That sure was fun,

Rich

Yes. Rich, that would have been my Dad. I was only 4-5 at the time, and he was a commercial turtle catcher back then. Snapping turtles, BIG ONES ! He used to supply alot of restaurants around the area back then. I can remember some of those turtles looked big as a car. LOL When he would have them at home, would put them on those old square wash tubs upside down, so the couldn't crawl off, always tellin me to stay back!

I sure do miss being a kid!

The first time I can remember fishing was off Grand Haven pier with my Grandma and her sister. All I can say is I brought up my first double on perch I was hooked (pun intended).

First time on the big lake I was five and I went out with my Grandpa and his brother-in-law. I have a photo of me holding a laker from that trip proudly displayed in my house. Kind of stinks because I believe I have taken my grandpa out for the last time as his knees and back just can't take the lake anymore. :(

I can remember fishing for pan fish the first time with my father on Sanford lake at a friends cabin. Dad baited the hook and threw the line out for me. Didn't take too long, I remember the whole pole just went flying off the dock into the water as I was not holding it in my hand, OOPS:eek:!!!

The first time ever fishing the big water was years ago, I was still just a little guy. It was my father, my sister, my dad's uncle Charlie, who had a boat slipped in Ludville. Might have been 7 or 8, but what a blast. Have been hooked ever since.

Now that I have a little one I am in hopes that this is something she will be interested in. Hopefully it will be a great way for her and I to bond and have some fun. Something that I can't stress enough is that fishing is supposed to be fun. Probably have about 4 more years til' I take her out on the big water, but I am already looking forward to it.

The first time I was fishing I was in diapers probbably fishing Blue gill. I don't remember much but my dad had a blue shirt he always wore when he took me fishing and it looked like he was shot with a 12ga because of all the holes from cutting hooks out of it.

the first time i can remeber was behind my parents house on the rabbet river in hamilton i was about 4 and we would go sucker fishing for something to do after dad got home from work, like i seen in a nother post SURE WOULD BE NICE TO BE A KID AGAIN becouse i fished about 300 day a year on the river some where and by age 9 i had my first conoe

but my first time on the big lake was on my 8th birthday my dad took me out on a freind of his boat out of saugotuck called the wolf pad

we left the slip at 6 am and had 15 kings in the box by 9am and i bet i lost that many to ,the most i remember of that day was how sore my arms were and that there was no way to lift the cooler this was 7/11 1978 and i was hooked for life

wow that brought back some memories terry

I can remember a couple of trips that my Father and Mother took me on, but I'm not sure of the exact order.

One was a spur of the moment type trip to the Saginaw Bay for some Perch fishing. I think there was a problem at my dads workplace, so he was back home before noon. Mom packed a lunch my dad went and borrowed my uncles outboard motor, and they took my brother and I out perch jerking. We rented a boat near Bay City and fished just off the weeds not far out from the harbor. We were all pulling in perch, with a lot of doubles.

My dad and my brother Jack have both passed on, but these memories always remain. I did take my brother Jack on his last fishing trip also. We were Salmon Slammin in Manistee August 2006.:)

First trip out I was six years old. This would have been 1974. The boat was a 21 Starcraft Mariner named the fishing tramp the first of 4 tramp boats. waves were around 3 to 5 foot and I puked my guts out. ended up two for two that I remember. one lake trout and one coho. Literaly made hundred of trips since 1974 and dont remember half of them but I remember everything about that one. To this day it is the only time I chummmed.:eek:

I grew up on the water. My parents would go camping at Pymatuning Lake in Pa all summer. My Dad would drive over 60 miles everyday back and forth to work. After work and weekends we would spend every minute on the water. We had a 32' pontoon docked all summer. And many fish, mostly walleye were taken from that boat. Now I look forward to taking my little 2.5yr old man out on my boat.