Great Lakes Salmon Days - 8 March - Kalamazoo, MI

GLF

D & R Sports in Kalamazoo is have a Great Lakes Salmon Days on 8 March. There will be several seminars, tackle representives, and deals on salmon fishing merchandise.

This is a seperate event from their spring fishing show in April.

Show times are from 9:30am till 4:30pm.

I will have to check it out I have never been to one of there tackle days

This is the first time they have done a Salmon days. This is geared towards the big lake fisherman instead of bass fisherman.

D&R is a very good place to shop for salmon gear. They'll spool your rods, order equipment, provide good advice, and have a good selection of gear from a wide array of manufacturers. Several of the folks from the staff are salmon fisherman and good to talk to in regards to setup/equipment questions. They've offered me good advice on my setup questions :D

I'm looking forward to going to the March 8th event! It should definately make me even more anxious to get on the lake :D

• 1 month later...

Just a reminder about this. They have a lot of GREAT prices on all of their salmon fishing merchandise.

Church walleye boards $17.99 ea.

Hot-N-Tots $2.99 ea. These are 1/4oz size with metal bills.

I will be at the show all day on Saturday. Stop by and say "Hi".

Just a reminder about this. They have a lot of GREAT prices on all of their salmon fishing merchandise.

Church walleye boards $17.99 ea.

Hot-N-Tots $2.99 ea. These are 1/4oz size with metal bills.

I will be at the show all day on Saturday. Stop by and say "Hi".

Mike, thats a great price on the Church boards. Will they be offered for that price at the Grand Rapids show next weekend?

Mike, was good to see at D&R today. Nice to put a face with the site. Hope you had a good day meeting folks and that your seminar went well.

I met a lot of people there today. The seminar went well also.

Mike, thats a great price on the Church boards. Will they be offered for that price at the Grand Rapids show next weekend?

I picked up 4 more today while I was there. I believe the price was only for today. Their normal price for them is $21.95, chich is still $4.00 than most places.

D & R is mostly known for bass fishing. However....they have a really good selection of lures and equipment for salmon fishing. They also stock Siggs Rigs flies.

I went today. Good prices. I bought my Big Jon downriggers today, and also some rods and level wind reels. Jim Hamrick is a great contact for salmon info. He is going to set up my reels for me, two lead cores and 4 monos. Plus some spin doctors and some spoons. I'm doing my part for the economy!

Always enjoy their store.

Paul C

The D&R show was very good. I saw and said hi to Mike, though he was deffinately busy doing the meet and greet as well as offereing advice. Unfortunately, I missed his presentation, but saw the one at noon.

I also picked up a Cannon Lure Speed and Temp monitor for $429 as a show special. I grabbed one more pair of those church boards, too!

They had all of the Bert's gear at 10% off as well as a lot of spoon specials and 20% off of my personal favorite plugs, Lyman lures.

They had some nice trees there for pretty good prices. I've gotten some good advice over the years on how to set up and fish my smaller boat(18' Lund).

I hope the show was successful enough that they make it an annual thing. I really enjoyed it and spent PLENTY of money, too! :D