How many bay fisherman??

Fished the bay pretty hard last summer. Then it seemed as though I started to figure a thing or 2 out on how 2 catch walleye. Just curious, how many other fisher's here on GLF spend time on the bay????

I fish the bay alot in the winter don't have much time in the summer to make it over, waiting on the ice to go this winter did manage to get over there 2 times last summer to fish with friends a did really well with limits both times. If you have away to get out in the winter the fishing is great but it can be very dangerous.

• 2 weeks later...

I fish the bay Mon-Fri April-July weather permitting. I venture out on the weekends only if the weather keeps me on shore during the week. Yes the bay was consistently FANTASTIC the last few years. The size of the walleyes has been down a little but the numbers are GR8. I did manage to boat a 9# and a few that were 7s last year. Come on Spring. Limits were the norm.

Jason, this threads initiator even gave me a couple of rides in the afternoon on the "Husky Jerk". I think both times I was out on my own boat in the morning and on Jason's boat in the evening. TYVM Wheels. It just don't get any better.:)

Good idea for the Saginaw Bay Column. The size and Quality of this section of Lake Huron certainly warrants it's own section.:) I fish mostly out of AuGres, but I venture S. to the inner bay until the water starts to warm up. I run a tan 22 ft. Starcraft Islander Hardtop called Priority1. Give me a shout on 68 if you see me.

I don't ice fish the bay because I don't have a four wheeler and I only live a few minutes from the river. So I fish that. During the spring and the summer I launch out of Essexville or Patterson Rd and fish the inner bay. Just depends what side I feel like fishing. East or West. Caught a lot of bigger fish early on, with a few 4-5 lb'ers and then one 9lb in June. Most of the fish we caught in late May and into July was the 15-20" fish.

If I remember correctly, my most productive times were early in June out of Linwood, hanging around the spark plug area, and then I moved operations up to Au Gres. There my most productive outings of the year ensued, with the first 2 weeks of July being my absolute most productive. A lot of fish were in the good eater range. A few fish noteworthy would be, about an 8-10# catfish my 9 yr old cousin reeled in, and my personal best of a 26-1/4" walleye. If memory serves me right Priority1 was aboard that day with me too. This summer I think I am going to focus my energy on the outer bay, I believe I am going to leave the boat in Au Gres for the whole season.

If I remember correctly, my most productive times were early in June out of Linwood, hanging around the spark plug area, and then I moved operations up to Au Gres. There my most productive outings of the year ensued, with the first 2 weeks of July being my absolute most productive. A lot of fish were in the good eater range. A few fish noteworthy would be, about an 8-10# catfish my 9 yr old cousin reeled in, and my personal best of a 26-1/4" walleye. If memory serves me right Priority1 was aboard that day with me too. This summer I think I am going to focus my energy on the outer bay, I believe I am going to leave the boat in AuGres for the whole season.

Jason, If you are working a lot this Summer just leave me your keys. I'll fill my cooler in the morning and yours in the evening.:lol:

I had a blast last Summer most every time out. I had my 4 yo grandson out a few times, and he was very enthusiastic the whole time. I think he's hooked.:)