Mini discs off Big Boards

I usually run the size "0" on my big boards, all at the same setting. "0" setting back say 125' and try to keep them spaced about 25 feet apart. This way I can saturate an area of fish with the spoon color they want and keep the presentation all in the same area.

I also, use rubber bands on the releases as the divers are adding quite a bit of drag to the lines.

You can run them at different depth settings, but it's alot more work to rest them if only one fires. Then if it's the outside diver, you need to pull the rest of the spread and reset it all over again.

dumb question I have...

Are you going for walleye?

If you are, what kind of rubber band (size) are you using? I ask because last summer I started running my riggers for walleye and thought the best way would be with a rubber band for an easy detection of a hit. I couldn't find a small enough band to bust. I figured it out by watching the lines and could tell that they were there, but, what I am going for is a complete break/release, much easier to indicate a fish.

I always use the lightest bands I can find. The (most) tackle shops sell small bags of Red rubber bands. Usually around $2.00 per bag. And enough for a lot of fishing.

But, I go to staples or someplace and look for the lightest weight they have. Thin ones are best. I have found that most walleye here in the Central Basin of Lake Erie, will break the bands, but, as with all fish, some will take the bait and just go along for the ride.

I will see if I can find the bag I got last summer and let you now what the weight is on them. Bill.