Fried Fish

Priority1

I usually use a light Drakes Batter or I dust the fillets with flour and then dip them in a egg milk mix. I may be crazy but as good as the fish taste on day one, they always seem to taste better to me the next day. I have eaten them hot and cold, as a sandwich or just on a plate. I fry more walleye than any other fish. I just wondered if anyone else shares this trait, of liking them better the next day.:)

When I was a kid, we used to have fish for breakfast, lunch, and dinner fixed all different ways. I still enjoy a cold piece of leftover fish anytime of the day. Give this one a shot Frank:

Adirondack Fish Fry

From "My Adirondack Way of Cooking" by Musky Bob

6 fish fillets

12 cans or bottles of beer

1 gal. zip-lok bag

1 tin pie plate

1 frying pan

1 cup of corn meal

1/4 cup of buttermilk pancake mix

2 large eggs

1/2 tsp. black pepper

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning

juice from 1/8th lemon wedge

1 bottle of peanut oil

In pie plate, stir/wisk eggs, lemon juice, 3 oz. of beer (drink remainder of can/bottle).

In zip-lok, combine all dry ingredients.

Have another beer.

Pour oil into fry pan & heat until the pan "sings" (when hot it will *ping* *ping*).

Dip fillets one at a time into pie plate mixture getting a good coating on each.

Drop into zip-lok mix, seal, & toss well until all are coated.

Remove & place in hot oil & cook until golden brown.

Serve with home fried potatoes, corn, & lemon wedge.

Drink remaining 10 cans/bottles of beer while company eats. Wipe off pie plate with paper towel & put it on your head. During dinner, tap rhythmically on the plate with wooden spoon while singing "Hey Mr. Tambourine Man",

Enjoy!

;)

Drink remaining 10 cans/bottles of beer while company eats. Wipe off pie plate with paper towel & put it on your head. During dinner, tap rhythmically on the plate with wooden spoon while singing "Hey Mr. Tambourine Man",

Enjoy!

;)

LMFAO Good one muskybob!

LMAO Bob. I'll try it.

I have a large C.I. frying pan and I use a gas hot plate I bought at an Amish store near Mt Pleasant MI. The gas hot plate was $15. The hot plate was for Propane, but I have a chart and a set of orifice drills so now it's suitable for Nat Gas. I have a place in the garage and one on the patio to use this setup. I would rather eat fried Gills, Walleye, or Lake Perch than a steak any day. Walleye tomorrow. :)

LMAO Bob. I'll try it.

I have a large C.I. frying pan and I use a gas hot plate I bought at an Amish store near Mt Pleasant MI. The gas hot plate was $15. The hot plate was for Propane, but I have a chart and a set of orifice drills so now it's suitable for Nat Gas. I have a place in the garage and one on the patio to use this setup. I would rather eat fried Gills, Walleye, or Lake Perch than a steak any day. Walleye tomorrow. :)

Sounds much like my set up in the garage Frank. Good luck. PS: the secret is the peanut oil. shhhhh don't tell anyone. :)

Bob, I tried your recipe and it's as good as any I have tried. I like the flavor of the browned corn meal. The peanut oil does make a difference. I'm going to try some popcorn popped in peanut oil. The only trouble I ran into with the recipe, was after the 9th beer I kept missing the pie tin with the wooden spoon and had to go to the E.R. to have wood splinters removed from my neck and shoulder. Other than that it's one Hell of a recipe.:)