Copper

Does the albright knot work o.k. for 30#fireline to 30#copper? Is 30#copper much smaller in diameter tha 27# leadcore? As always i really appreciate the feed back and putting with guys like me,always asking ?'s that you all probly know. THANKS TO ALL!:o

The best thing to do is to use a SPRO heavy-duty swivel with some melted shrink wrap over the top of it. I don't know the name or size right off hand. I have tried all the different knots and techniques to connect copper to backing and to leader, etc. Nothing has worked as well as the SPRO swivel technique. Let me know if you are interested and I will dig up the other information. Hope this helps!

RocketLauncher.jpg

Here is one I built last Winter. I did add a S.S.saddle type support in the middle where the block is. I can pivot it down, by pulling two pins, to clear my 10 ft. high door. A good friend and fishing buddy, has a heliarc welder, so we can make about anything for our boats. A 7/8 inch dia. S.S. Tube runs through the larger dia. rod holder tubes. The 7/8 inch tube also acts as a conduit for the light wires. I usually start scrounging up materials before I draw up any plans.:) This pic was taken before it was finished. The rod holders angle back, when in the up position, and the pins are in place.