River steelhead

silver one

I am planing on going saturday and sunday I will let u know how I did. Do u fish spawn or flys and what rivers do u fish? I only fish spawn or waxworms not a big fan of fly fishing. Time to tie spawn Rob

Just got out duck boat (and river steelhead boat) pulled from duck hunting and I'll be hitting the Joe a lot the rest of winter. I think I'm muzzleload hunting this weekend but I'll be chasing steel for the most part going forward. I'm a spawn man!

Where do you guys go fish for steelheads at? I like to fish at the K- ZOO river and like to troll up stream with hot n tots.

Rich

We usually fish the AuSable and the Rifle and a few times at the East Branch of the AuGres...

We dont do much lure fishing, we chuck spawn and wax worms, and do real good on both..

Caz

I usually fish either the Kalamazoo or the St. Joe river. I dont claim to be a novice river fisherman but I usually catch a few steelies and know bolth streaches of river pretty well. With Gas being high it is more fesible to fish the kalamazoo from allegan dam down. As my home in Martin is pretty close. end of Jan threw Feb are usally my best catchs looking at past years.

Sorry for the delaid reply as I took last friday off to muzzleload and have not looked at the site since posting on last thursday.

Joe, Have not fished the Zoo since Thanksgiving Morn. The steelhead fishing was good that morning. I have been fishing the lower end of the Joe at least 2 days a week since then, and have done real good til this past Sat. a.m..

Only one then, but it has been good fishing til then. Water temp was 34.6 degrees. Hope it helps.

Joe, Have not fished the Zoo since Thanksgiving Morn. The steelhead fishing was good that morning. I have been fishing the lower end of the Joe at least 2 days a week since then, and have done real good til this past Sat. a.m..

Only one then, but it has been good fishing til then. Water temp was 34.6 degrees. Hope it helps.

Thanks

Have you been using spawn or hard baits.

Last Sat. was spawn. Caught the one and lost one. Cut skein, not bags. But before that mainly hard baits. Mostly flatfish and wigglewarts in the gold colors.. The charters on sat were using mainly hard baits, but I assume they were not doing too good either. They were running around a lot.

BEN