Spin Doctor Sizes?

Hi All,

I was hoping for some recommendations as to the use of Spin Doctor Flashers. Cabela's just opened a store near me and they carry the 8" Spin Doctors and also the 10" Spin Doctor Magnums. They can also special order the 6" Spin Doctors. What size do most of you run on your riggers, boards or with Dipsy Divers? I was also wondering if you change flasher size based on the time of year. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. My fishing is confined to Rainbow and Lake Trout in north Idaho.

Randy

I started using ProTroll flashers this year. This 3 1/2lb smallmouth in this picture was caught on a Siggs Rigs fly behind an 11" ProTroll flasher. :eek:

Dv8oR_702.jpg

I think I caught more fish on the 11" Protroll flasher than I did on an 8" Protroll flasher.

While I didn't catch many lakers this year most of them were on an 11' Pro-Troll double pearl fish scale w/ green Sigg's Riggs fly. I also caught one on an 8" Blue Bubble Spin Doctor and Blue bubble fly. I know that a lot of laker guys like tin can dodgers and yellow flys. White flys seem to be good also. As far as rainbows go the 6' SD in orange and red would probably work. I used orange and red mini dodgers w/ some success this year. Black and purple or black and blue flies. Just a few hints, hope they help.

Silver One is on the right track. We use the 8" most of the time, but late in the year, Mid September, we started to use the larger (I think 10" fishcatcher) and found that to be one of the most productive set ups, off a rigger with a fly. We also found that the later it becomes in the year that a red SD & red fly combo was knocking the sh@# out of them, this was behind a dipsy.

Good Luck...