Beautiful Day/Dismal Results.

Tuff fishing conditions and worse public fishing reports kept the entrants low at the annual SBWC Fall Walleye Classic/2nd Andy Lacis Memorial tournament Yesterday. I believe 25 entrants was the number. And even though the day was beautiful to be out on the rivers, the river conditions themselves were not conducive to a good bite. The Saginaw and Shiawassee rivers were very low, slow and stained. And the Tittabawassee, while in it's usual clarity state of gin clear, was also "scary low" even for my Jet boat. And even though we made it up a ways into the Tittabawassee, the fishing there was also slow. How slow was it? Well we fished a good stretch of water the whole day. I had 2 bites, hooked and landed both fish for our total weight of 4.20 pounds. My partner was on such a "Hair Trigger" when he got his only bite of the day, he snapped his 1/4 ounce jig right out of the 9 feet of water we were fishing in. But that 4.20 weight was good enough for 6th place and only out of the money by .25 pounds. The wining weight was only 6.48 pounds. One more measly fish the same size as either of the two I caught and we would have been gold. But that's why they call it fishing. :o:rolleyes:

IM001517.jpg

Thanks Frank.

Don't want to make it sound like I'm that dissapointed. Finally had a day out of the house and puppy sitting. We seen wild tom turkeys with long beards, and an awsome 10 point buck chasing a doe while we were fishing. The day was warm, the company good and the sandwitches great. Hell, what more could a man ask for.