New Grand daughter

Well a little earlyer than planed but Emylee Jade made here apperance Sunday Oct. 14 at 4:08pm weighing 5lb10oz and 18.5 inches long. My daughter's due date was suppose to be 11/26.07 but do to unforseen problems she went into labor early. After spending 3 hours at Bronson Hospital Saturday afternoon the doctor informed us that the baby had a 99.9% chance of being fine if they could not stop the labor, she was more like 35 weeks along instead of the 33 and a half that they first figured. He came back into the room and informed us he was going to break her water and let her go ahead and deliver but first he wanted to check to see if Amber had dialated any more since the ambulance ride from Marshall. Finding nothing had changed he decided to let things go and hope she would wait 36 hours. In that period they would give her 2 steroid shots to help the babys lungs just to make sure. Well about 6:00 am Sunday morning they checked and she had dialated to 6 so they turned off the meds that were suppose to stop the labor and let her have her. Amber was getting pretty wore out by the time it finally happened but mother and child are doing fine.

The wife and I went back over to the hospital yesterday afternoon so we could see her some more. She is small but doing great. She has to stay in the Neo Natal ICU for about a week because she is not big enough to suck on a bottle yet. The have a tiny feeding tube running down her throat and feed her with a syringe. Other than that she is as healthy as any normal baby and her lungs work just fine, she made sure we got to hear them when her diaper was changed.

On a side note, my wife is 7 months pregnent and do Dec. 25th. When we were leaving the girl at the desk tried to stop us because they didn't think Char was suppose to be going outside. LOL We had to explain she was not the patent and we were leaving. Just so ya all know the wife is 17 years younger than me. She has wanted a baby since we got married 8 years ago and I kept telling her no, with the medical problems I have we couldn't afford it. Well she put her self through nursing school and graduated last spring 1rst or 2nd in her class and is now an RN. Kinda figured she earned it.

WOW!!!! Double Congrats to you Steve.:)

The wife and I went back over to the hospital yesterday afternoon so we could see her some more. She is small but doing great. She has to stay in the Neo Natal ICU for about a week because she is not big enough to suck on a bottle yet. The have a tiny feeding tube running down her throat and feed her with a syringe. Other than that she is as healthy as any normal baby and her lungs work just fine, she made sure we got to hear them when her diaper was changed.

On a side note, my wife is 7 months pregnent and do Dec. 25th. When we were leaving the girl at the desk tried to stop us because they didn't think Char was suppose to be going outside. LOL We had to explain she was not the patent and we were leaving. Just so ya all know the wife is 17 years younger than me. She has wanted a baby since we got married 8 years ago and I kept telling her no, with the medical problems I have we couldn't afford it. Well she put her self through nursing school and graduated last spring 1rst or 2nd in her class and is now an RN. Kinda figured she earned it.