Starcraft Problem

Kids are grown and gone, Wife don't like to boat...So I downsized from a `94 2858 bayliner to a 221 starcraft with a merc I/o. I didn't know it at the time but both boats were manufactured by the same company. Both have (had) the same problem. The edges on the marine plywood used on both boats have a plastic trim, and all of them shrink ~ both in the cabin and on the exterior ~ to the point where I cannot use the covers for the batteries. E-mails to both Brunswick and Starcraft go unanswered, I am not looking for warranty or compensation but rather a source for repair parts or a better replacement. Has anybody else incurred this problem ?

hi ive got an islander 191V they are starting to shrink!! not so bad as it is a cause for concern, however i am sure you could take some material and affix it to the wood. at this time ive not given much thought to the problem. what to use and how to attach it?? maybe try calling the company directly and talking to a live person!! ive been lucky @ starcraft so far and they we very heplful......maybe you could order the same crap they put on the boat?? but i am sure with some thought you could come up with something much better!!!

Startcraft will not answer you other then to say contact your local dealer as I have been through this looking for a replacement. Dont know what to tell ya as Depending on where you live as to who can help. I ended up taking matters into my own hands and fixed the issues I had myself. I love my Islander, but if I had to rate the company. They suck.