Lowrance LMS339c

I purchased my Lowrance 3 weeks ago. Only been out twice since installing, which was a snap, with the internal antenna. I'm very pleased with it, excellent graphics. The 50 Khz setting works great in shallower water, 0-50 feet and the 200 Khz looks great for the deeper stuff, but haven't been running out to the deep stuff yet, so I can't say for sure how it marks fish.

I bought the Navionics chip for it and am very happy with it.:)

I put the 337c unit (external Antenna) on my boat last year also with the navionics chip (a must have IMHO) :) It does a great job. :) Get with the FISHDOG guys, I'm pretty sure they can get you best price. :D :D

www.fishdogco.com

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the 334C @ the Spring Boat Show in Birch Run this spring. Didn't take long to install and easy to use. The one thing I really dont like is the internal gps. I have a '87Bass Tracker w/ side console. I mounted the unit on the outside of the console w/ a ram mount. The drivers seat is about 2' from the ff. If I stand up I loose GPS signal. I set down a it will come back. It also seems like it takes a long time to get sat. signal. (I should compare it to my Garmin hand held.) I do need to do a update to it but I also talked to another guy that has the same problem and was told there was nothing Lowrance could do. I just wish I would have got a enternal antenna. Just my 2 cents.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I did the updates and took her out on lake michigan last weekend(5.27.06). The fishin was good but the catchin stunk. Come home with one and lost another one at the boat. The lake was like glass, allowing my wife and I to get out to 190 fow. I built my own downriggers and only put about 50 - 60 ft of cable on them. So I couldn't get down that deep. Back to the tread. The sky was cloud free most of the day. Nobody around the lowrance and I kept loosing gps signal. I need to call lowrance and see what they would do. Im going to get a little pst if they wont do anything for me. I keep you guys updated.

The only thing I have found out about my 339df Is that it takes sometime up to 5 minutes for it to find it's posistion. Even last Friday morning when it was the thickest fog I have ever been in and the GPS found it's posistion in about two minutes then never lost it at all. My unit is even under the bimini top.Over all I like this unit. I have not really had any problems to think of.

The sky was cloud free most of the day. Nobody around the lowrance and I kept loosing gps signal. I need to call lowrance and see what they would do. Im going to get a little pst if they wont do anything for me. I keep you guys updated.

Where is your GPS antenna in relation to your VHF antenna?

Had time today to call Lowrance. After a 20min. wait to talk to somebody the lady said "We had some problems with the GPS reception on the earlier models". All I need to do is send it back to them and they will up date it for me. I also asked if I could swap it for a external antenna but she said no. I could purchase the antenna and it will work on my unit. I shouldn't have waited so long to call them.

• 2 months later...

I just had my first problem with my lowrance 339df. When I was out fishing yesterday I was ready to pull lines then I noticed that my graph lost it's posistion. I turned it off then turned it back on and it won't go to the other pages. My sonar is not working anymore either. It seems to be locked up in the GPS page and wont exit. It's time to call Lowrance and replace it or fix it ( It's only 5 months old).

• 2 weeks later...

I called lowrance and told them my problem and they wanted me to send the unit to them. I just had the unit at my door as I returned from work today. They found a bunch of problems and they replaced the unit with no questions asked plus some free software. I love this graph and was not dissapointed with it's failure. It was good of Lowrance to get this back to me in only 1 weeks time.