WOW!

If that is how we end the offshore season, it couldn't have gone any better.

Saturday: Supposed to have a boat of 5 anglers and ended up with only myself and another 2. Went due north of the perch pack due north of the harbor and set up to troll. Had 3 rods in the water when the first wire diver fired...BIG eye lost due to newbie snagging net on hook. For the next 3 hrs. we managed 8 steelie hook-ups and boated 5. Had another 9 'eye hookups and boxed 8. Wire divers w/ blue/silver harnesses on 1 back 135. Braid divers back 205 on 3 1/2 mixed veggie Super Slim on starboard diver, Blue icicle on the port braid. Riggers set at 66 and 58 with double orange crush on the 58 and VQ blue dolphin on the deep, both in the Super Slim.

Sunday: Got a VERY late start and decided to try to get our perch. Slid over to the PA line and fished next to some buddies who had smacked them in 48' fow on the "shelf". Boxed a dozen or so in 20 minutes and decided to check a little deeper to see if the bite was better. Slid off the break of the "shelf" and slammed the rest of our 4 tickets in about an hour and a half, just as we ran out of bait. Had heard some chatter on the radio of a decent 'eye bite a few miles west and since it was SO nice and only 1 pm, we put 'er on plane and headed west. Set up on the 40W and 3N and trolled the 69 to 71 fow break and ANNIHILATED 'eyes. Same spread as Saturday with an extra blue silver harness on the port braid diver and switched out the double orange crush for the mixed veggie on the shallow rigger. FAST and FURIOUS. If you hooked one 'eye, you hooked 3. For the next 2 hrs., I think we only had all of our rod compliment (8) in the water once or twice. All eyes were extremely nice, between 3 and 8#, most in the 4 to 6 range.

It would be nice to think that this week's weather won't screw up this awesome fall bite, but I am certainly not counting on it.

We must have passed you on Sunday. Saw a big boy just north of us a couple times, I'd bet it was you. We were in the gray Starcraft w/ planer mast on the nose and canvas top. We didn't get too many whities, but they did seem to be on the periphery of the 'eyes. Hook a couple whities meant time to turn back around.

It sure is hard to beat Mixed Veggie and Blue Icicle (I prefer them in the DreamWeaver Super Slim) on those crystal clear days! I was kind of surprised my NK watermelon Hologram didn't fire at all on Saturday except for a couple whities. That NK is usually on fire from mid July till the 'eyes leave for both steelies and eyes. Biggest eye of the year (10# 9oz) came on that spoon in a Mag off the deep rigger in late July at the PA/OH line.

Awesome SWII. I spent some time one Erie over in canada this summer, and what a blast it is when you can pull steel and eye's at the same time. Your action sounds kick A$$!!!! Thanks for sharing.