It's ALIVE!!!!!!!!!

From the mind of your favorite inventor and Mad Fishing Scientist comes yet another Capt. Dan invention/idea from the dark side. In my search for the Holy Grail of techniques and something the fish have never seen before, I've had yet another brain fart of an idea. And although not tested yet in this newer form, this idea is so diabolical and hideously ugly that it just may work. Actually it really should, as I'm using two of three of my past inventions/modifications that have proven themselves great walleye catchers in my area (as shown in the pictures below) as well as in many others bodies of water, as testified to by people who have built, bought and/or used these items from me in the past. Using two of these modified items, I plan on mating them together and running them behind a section of another lure I tried just this last summer with some very good success, the Eyeliminator.

One of the things I liked right away about the Eyeliminator was the Cross Loc swivel behind the Flasher Spoon. This allowed the buyer to easily remove, change, replace or modify the blade harness that it came with if they wanted or needed to, after some use or abuse by a few walleyes. With this feature in place, I surmised it would also allow for a quick change of any other item fallowing behind that flasher, without major equipment or trolling strategy changes. And ultimately give the user the attraction benefit of the flasher, along with one or all three successful choices of either the standard Blade Harness the Eyeliminator comes with, or a Spoon or Crank Bait type lure. And all can be ran separately or together using the same variety of weight forward attachments, ran at the same speeds and with either real live bait or some of the more popular/successful artificial bait products. Imagine, running a spoon flasher in front of a crank, that itself is part harness and can be baited with live bait. This has got to generate some serious walleye attention even on neutral days.

The two items I plan on modifying even more from their already modified state to use with this idea and accomplish this theory are my own Spoon Harness Rigs and my Meat Freaks idea, that I modified out of the Dave's Ka'Boom Mean Streaks. And even though I'm showing all the applications that I will be using or can be used behind the spoon flashers in the picture below, its only the top two I plan on making and selling at this time. The third is in fact what you get when you buy a Eyliminaotor anyways, and is protected from duplication and sale under their pattent.

A few of you on this board contacted me last year and asked me if I could make and sell you some of these modified Freaks. I declined to do so for a variety of ethical and modification reliability reasons. But the green light is on for those sales now, if anybody is still interested. And I will accept orders now for any of the 3 Meat Freak prism colors (91) (92) (94) (colors below) I plan on building to closely match the color schemes of the flashers. I will probably also try it with my Wiggle Squid idea, but do not plan on making any more of those to sell, but use the ones I personally own.

They will all be put on short plastic coated wire leaders, attached to Cross Loc swivels for quick attachment to and ran behind the Eyeliminator Flasher, that will act simply as that, a flasher/attractor. Forward flashers and dodgers of course have been around for years and helping people catch Salmon and Trout forever, but the walleye idea took some getting used to for Me. And even though my first thoughts about a bigger front flasher for walleye (since I first seen one), was that the whole Eyeliminator rig was to gaudy, busy and flashy to catch walleyes. They invariably proved me very wrong, as well as some others individuals I got to talk to from other areas, that both E-mailed or PM'd me after my initial post about using them on Saginaw Bay.

And you all know me, I can't leave anything alone in it's present workable state. So what I plan to do is this. I'm going to build and offer for sale my usual 200 or so Spoon Harnesses this winter as usual, as I've been able to sell them locally easy enough throughout each season. And along with those, I plan on building 100 or so Meat Freaks in 3 of the hotter prism colors to sell. You can see that Purple Prism Meat Freak (below) goes great with that Purple Tommy Harris painted Eyeliminator Flasher. And if somebody wants included with each the added customized leader to put on the back of the Eyeliminator Flashers to use with these rigs, there will only be a small extra fee for doing so.

And as usual (and because it's only a small profit/winter hobby of mine) all the ideas and things I build and share on these boards are plainly shown and shared here with you guys. This allows all of you who like the ideas and have the time, will and skill, to fabricate your own if you like. I'm also hoping that you guys will at least consider buying some of Dave's Ka'Boom Streaks, Jim's Eyeliminators or a few Michigan Stinger Spoons if you do decide to build your own, as all are quality fish catchers rather modified or in their natural state. Consider and be grateful also, that this is one of the few message boards that would even allow such a post and pictures like these to be shown.

IM000945.sized.jpg

IM001183.sized.jpg

6_12_04a.sized.jpg

IM001467.sized.jpg

newmsrchartw.jpg