Adirondack Salmon Chowder

muskybob

Silver One, sorry I missed your last post. I'm anxious to find out how the fund raiser worked out. Do you call it Adirondack Salmon Chowder? Please keep us posted with the comments they made. Wish I was there. Thanks

the fund raiser is this comming sat. i will let you know if it is a hit, Im sure it will be

• 1 month later...

No pics Bob. but my 32 quarts of chowder was said to be the most liked dish there. When my table was let go to get in line all 32 quarts were gone. On top of that I made 20lb of smoked salmon and steelhead and a new one " Salmon Pizza". There were 500 people there and the "Dutch" can eat. My 32quart roster looked like it was licked clean. And I did call it Adorondak Salmon Chowder. As that is what it was called when i printed it. once again thanks for sharing a great recipie.

Bob

I have not yet posted the recipe but it is simple

Just take a whole salmon Filet with skin on and lay it on a cookie sheet or baking pan with a little oil so the filet does not stick

just like a pizza I pile on Mushrooms, peppers, Black olives, "pepperocinie/hot peppers", onions, atichokes, Old bay seasoning on top of filet and toppings, Smother it with Motzerella Cheese and bake at 400 for 10 to 15 Min or untill fillet is done. Now you may have to partially cook the fillet before you add the topping depending on how big of a fillet you use. I try and use one that wont require that as it taste bettter if all the stuff from the fixins cooks into the fillet. You can put on whatever you like for toppings I just used those because I had them. Some pepperonie might not be to bad on it.

No

You only leave skin on to cook, which most guy who bake , grill or smoke do anyway. when fish is done it falls right off with very little or no effort

Im going to kick it up a notch and try marinaria sauce latled down the middle for a little more flavor next time it make it.

spring better get here soon, Im getting low on fillets.:eek:

• 1 month later...

Already a step ahead of you Frank, that's all I had left the last time I made it. I forgot to post to the thread so you're the first. Good luck on the water this year, the fun's just beginning. :)

• 1 year later...
Made a double batch this past weekend for my sportsman's club. All that was left to bring home was the pot. LOL Watch for the recipe to appear in an upcoming Great Lake's Angler Magazine. YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO FISH ON!!!

Bob, Good 2 C U back. You always added a lot of fun and info to this site.:)

• 1 year later...

Been looking at different salmon/fish chowder recipes, and this one sounds awsome. Will be trying it when I get some fresh salmon this summer. Have you added anything besides salmon? Thinking of tossing in some "saginaw bay scallops"!(walleye cheeks:D).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you are using fresh salmon that has been diced up, what is the best method to cook the salmon? I assume it is pre-cooked before adding it to the chowder. (sorry if I missed it and it was already asked in the thread)

If you are using fresh salmon that has been diced up, what is the best method to cook the salmon? I assume it is pre-cooked before adding it to the chowder. (sorry if I missed it and it was already asked in the thread)

I didn't mine, just threw it in there and it cooked with a slow boil.

BTW, this is the BEST chowder that I've ever had, and Im not a soup/chowder person at all. I loved the stuff!

I like the way Snowfish kicked it up a notch with the scallops idea........this sounds like one recipe that should be canned for public consumption.

I didn't have any salmon in fridge, so made a double batch and used a quart of walleye, 1/2 quart bag of walleye cheeks, and a pound of raw peeled shrimp(50-60 count). Was awesome. Just needed a little zip, so added a couple heaping tbsp. of cajun seasoning:D.:D Was so good, at the left overs for breakfast/lunch/and dinner the next day!:lol: Can't wait to make it again.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey guys, glad to see you're still enjoying my Adirondack Salmon Chowder recipe. Thanks for all the kind words too. I'm also happy to see you're experimenting with different seafood with it. I've made it with everything you've mentioned & it always comes out great. My recipe is just a basic starter. Add away and post how ya liked it.

Good luck on the water to all this year. ;)