Almost got it bad

caznik

This morning when I got out of work. I thought I would set one more tree stand in the back of my woods. I found the perfect spot and set it all up. Things was going really good till I started walking back to my house. As I was walking in the woods with the sun bright in my face and eyes. All of a sudden I started hearing this funny noise. I stoped, and looked down about five yards in front of me and holy cow. My first time ever walking up onto a skunk in the woods. First I thought it was a cat, but then I seen the white racing stripe on it. I stood there for about three minute trying to think now what do I do. The tail was up and looked like it was ready to attack me. So I slowly started walking backwards and it never sprayed me at all. Man was that a close on, I was inches of stepping on it when I stoped to see what the noise was. I hope it don't ever come back there again. :D

that kinda sounds like a experience i had turkey hunting a few years ago i was sitting in a old deer blind and my bro inlaw was about 20 yd in front of my {i was calling for him} when i seen peppy come stoleing by ,this thing came as close as 2 feet and looked like it was going to go to sleep right next to him but finaly walk by the decoy and as the wind moved the deco it got on its front legs lifted is hind end and PU by the way the decoe was burrnd after that

terry