WMFL Report and Thanks!

I'd like to start off by thanking Rich, Larry, and everyone else for all of the hard work they put into these tournaments. I'd also like to thank all of the guys that fish in these. You make it fun and enjoyable whether I'm catching fish or not. The help that I have received has definitely helped me improve as a fisherman. This is my first full year salmon fishing and a large part of my success was due to the information I received from you guys. So thanks everyone.

Here's my report:

I got a hot tip from Redeye and Caz that the fishing was best out deep so we headed northwest out of the pierhead to 90 ft. Set lines in the pitch black night and headed west. In 125' we noticed a line of clutter on the graph 90' down. Lowered one rigger down thinking it might be a temperature break. 10 minutes later that deep rigger with a green blade/double crush glow SD and green Bugeye fly fired. (King) As my brother-in-law fought that fish I lowered the other rigger down and before the first fish was in the boat the 2nd rigger w/ a Moonshine Do De K fired. (King) We landed both of those fish, reset the riggers and let the dipsey's way back to get them deep. The rigger w/ the Do De K fired again and we landed that fish (King) before both dipsey's ended up going. One dipsey had a Blue Bubble SD/Blue Hypnotist Sigg's Riggs Fly back 225' on 3 (Laker) and the other had an 11" White Pro-Troll double fish scale flasher w/ Green Crinkle Sigg's Rigs fly back 275' on 3. (King) I changed out the rigger w/ the flasher/fly to a chrome/redhead J-plug and left both riggers set 100-110' down. We took another fish on the Blue Bubble combo (King) and one on the Do De K (King), the fish on the Do De K mangled the spoon, knocking all of the white paint off. I reset that rigger w/ a Bloody Nose Dalmation Moonshine after we took a steely on a full core w/ a Mixed Veggie. The chrome J-plug took a fish that broke off near the back of the boat, taking the plug and everything else w/ it. We reset it w/ a plain chrome J-plug and set it back down. The Moonshine rigger took a hit but it came unbuttoned right away. When we pulled it in I checked the hook and it was dull and mangled, should have checked it before I put it down. After that the chrome J rigger went off and we landed a coho to finish our day. All of our fish came between 125-195' of water, 100' down on riggers and 225'+ back on dipsey's, plus the steely on the full core. All on a south, southwest, or southeast troll. I'm going to winterize the boat but keep it handy in case I get the chance at one more trip. I had a great season ending up with 80 fish on 15 trips. Thanks again to all of the people that made this season great and hope to see everyone next year.

Nick