most productive set up?

What's been the hot set up this year? In the straits I have done the best with a siggs rigs green holo 8" echip combo with green hypnotist fly on a lime green #1 dipsy set on 3 and run 120-140 ft back. Most productive spoon has been magnum stinger orange angel.

Lead Core! I have caught more fish on lead core this year then any other presentation. There have been several spoons that have been consistant producers for me. Michigan Stinger Stingrays, Craig's xmas, Craig's x-mas reverse, Natural Born Killer, Orange Killer, and Killer Tangerine(Should be HOT spoon in the spring) have been my hotest colors.

My next best set up has been my riggers with Michigan Stinger spoons, followed by my wire divers. A white 11" protroll with a Siggs Rigs, blue mist or green hypnotist have done most of the damage.

Day in day out my diver rods get it done. I run both wire and braid and usually one or both are poppin. I run mostly SD's w/flies on them, but do run spoons and plugs behind them as well. Hottest rig of the year is a toss up between a Mnt. Dew Glow Blade SD w/Glow Bloody nose fly and a Blue Dbl. Pearl Glow SD w/Glow Blue Chaos fly. They flat hammered the fish on the high and low divers. NBK w/Green Mirage fly was next in line.

Next is leadcore. 3,5, and 10 color work well for me. Ive done well on plugs, spoons and flasher/fly combos on those as well. As of late the green glow ladder back and glow wonderbread ace high plugs have been great on core.

Riggers are last but not least, they account for some of my catch every trip. Just like anything, they have good and bad days. This year my hottest spoons were the size 2 Fishlander UG Green Froggy and the Mag Blue Flounder from Moonshine.

Great pics!

No 20 lbrs for us on Lk MI this year. In July and early August, a DW wonderbread SS on a full core, full copper or a 1-1/2lb was on fire every trip. A blue bubble spin doctor and fly on wire mag diver was 2nd then and moved to first in later August. The spoon has slowed down recently but a wonder bread j-plug on a half core or full has been awesome.

#1 White with black ladder back home glowed #5 J plug run clean 15 back off the riggers.

#2 Glow Ghost #5 J plug off the riggers.

#3 Dipsy 150 back 3-1/2 with a 6-1/2 inch glow squid behind a white glow Hootchie Mama.

#4 Dipsy 150 back 3-1/2 with a modified meat rig behind a white glow Hootchie.

#5 Wonder bread home glowed J off the riggers.

My Dipsys did good this year but not like past years. The rigger bite on Js was so good, so I kept more of them in the water. I did take a few fish on core this year.:) I didn't fish salmon near as much as I would like to. I hope the salmon return to Lake Huron in numbers that make me want to fish them.:) Walleye did take up the slack.:)

Lead core Hands down.

Stinger Jawbreaker out one side

Stinger Bloodynose out the other . A second would have to be the Bue/green dolphin. Brand doesnt really matter on this one as the color I belive is the biggest factor. Used D/W, Stinger, Fishlander, Wolverine, no one particular brand outfished the other. Mt.dew spin doctor with a green Ice strong fly is tops as well. Down rigger or wire were very productive.

• 3 weeks later...