Hey everybody,

My name is Adam. Im 26 and enjoy hunting and fishing. Most of my fishing is split between my homewaters of Saginaw Bay for walleyes, and Lake Michigan for silver fish. Living in Michigan i have the best of both worlds, not to mention some great hunting opportunities....Lure building has also become a passion of mine. I make several jig styles, tie my own crawler harnesses and trolling flies. I also enjoy R&D for lures or anything else thats fishing or hunting related....Theres just something about tweaking something until its just right.

Thanks for having me and i look forward to chatting with the rest of you fish heads.:P;):cool:

Dv8oR,

You should have come over, you missed one hell of a summer. The fishing was phenominal. The July lull of the prior two seasons didnt happen this year. We had just enough hard NE winds mixed in to keep the temps tolerable, just as they were getting out of hand.....Boated well over 1000 fish this year from May-July. The size is getting a bit better, lots of 17-22" fish in the system...next year should be awesome....Winter will be a hoot as well....if we get ice.:tease:

Dv8oR,

You should have come over, you missed one hell of a summer. The fishing was phenominal. The July lull of the prior two seasons didnt happen this year. We had just enough hard NE winds mixed in to keep the temps tolerable, just as they were getting out of hand.....Boated well over 1000 fish this year from May-July. The size is getting a bit better, lots of 17-22" fish in the system...next year should be awesome....Winter will be a hoot as well....if we get ice.:tease:

Oh sure, hit a guy right in the jimmy while he's down!

Even better, my uncle (FishTales on the site you came from) has a nice Crestliner he keeps slipped over there.

Kept telling me to come over, but I just have no time.

Here's the tally for the year....

Last year, logged 24 trips.

This year, 5!

No rest for the wicked!!

I do miss/love the bay though!

First time I ever fished over there, I had a 16ft Aluminum boat with a 65 horse Evinrude hanging off the back. Dated to '73.

I set down on the lake..... On the Same day as the Lind Classic. 200+ boats left Hoyles right before me. I took home a few 8lbers and been wandering over there ever since. (I want to say 98 ish, looking for pics/dates right now)

Grew up walleyeing on St. Clair with the ole man. We could rent boats out of Selfridge for $2.00 a day. He's since retired from GM and won't peel his but from the '07 Ultra Classic (recent trade 00 Softail) to come fishing with me

I've switched over to the Salmon/Trout scene since then, but still have a soft spot in my heart for the 'Eyes.

Tony,

Thursday night wasnt great for us. Ended up 1 for 4. We found some fish just before we headed in. Friday morning we headed out to that area and went 13 for 17 by 8:30 am. Friday night we fished a couple hours on our buddies boat once his crew showed up and went 8 for 12. Saturday morning it was just Dad and i. We had our limit of Kings and a bonus 12 1/2# steelhead by 7:30 am. After that we pulled lines and headed in, loaded the boat and pulled her home.:(:no:

Dv8oR,

Sorry, i just had to let ya know what ya missed out on!....It sure is a great fishery...although this is the case, i miss the days of old....Just something about catching 5# average fish with plenty of giants mixed in....Theyre few and far between now a days....Heck it used to take 40# to win, then went to 30...now we're at 18-25# to win....We need a bait rebound in a big way....for both the walleyes and the salmon/trout of huron.