4th west Mich. Fishing League Event(The Battle Of The Leagues) Results

Battle Of The League Results

Fight For The Fish Trophy

jollyrog.gifW. Mich. Fishing League- 243.0

Sixshooter,Plumkrazy,Paulywood,and Tad Pole

Vs.

UScurrent-whtbkg.gifSt. Joe Fishing League- 78.4

Midway97,Adjusted3,Steven Arends, and Freetime

Thank you Mark, wayne, Dave,and steve for coming up for the challenge this year. Fishing was kinda of tough for some of us but others had a little better luck than others. Well this year the West Michigan Fishing league won pretty big this year, thanks to Jim, Phill, Tad Pole, and Paulywood. Now I like to say that all the guys from the St. Joe fishing league are very good fishermen. But this year was just not there day to take home the fish trophy. Thanks again St. Joe fishermen for coming up and fishing against us again.

Rich

Results For The Battle Of The Leagues

Big Fish Winner

Muskegon12.jpg

Team Sea-Mac- 16lb. King winning $105.00 and 2 cannon rod holders and 3 northern king flies from Captain Garys. Also Tema Sea-Mac took 5th place overall in total weight winning a $10.00 gift card to Bobs outdoors.

The Rest Of The Results

Muskegon3_992414.jpg

1st place 104.2pts- Team- GLF/Dv8or winning $85.00 and Bobs outdoors fish holder.

Muskegon7.jpg

2nd place 96.6pts- Team Nailer winning $70.00 and a Bobs outdoors fish holder.

Muskegon9.jpg

3rd place 95pts- Team Plumkrazy winning $55.00 and a Bobs outdoors fish holder.

Muskegon16.jpg

4th place 93.6pts- Team Caznik winning a $50.00 gift card to Captain Garys from the Muskegon fishing association.

Muskegon15.jpg

6th place 77.6pts- Team Tad Pole winning a $10.00 gift card to Bobs outdoors.

Muskegon10.jpg

7th place 77pts- Team RLF winning a $10.00 gift card to Bobs outdoors.

Muskegon5_82843.jpg

8th place 56.2pts- Team Marrble eyes winning a $10.00 gift card to Bobs outdoors.

Muskegon8.jpg

9th place 39 pts- Team Paulywood winning a lure.

Muskegon4_775907.jpg

10th place 35.6pts- Team Hollandpiper winning a lure.

Muskegon1_803394.jpg

11th place 32.2pts- Team Adjusted3 winning a lure.

No Picture

12th place 31.4pts- Team Sixshooter winning 2 cannon rod holders and 3 Northern king flies from Captain Garys.

Muskegon14.jpg

13th place 23.2pts- Team Steven Arends winning a lure.

No Picture

14th place 23pts.- Team Midway97 winning a lure.

Muskegon2_442698.jpg

15th place 20.4pts- Team Red eye winning a $50.00 gift card to Captain Garys from the Muskegon fishing association.

Muskegon11.jpg

16th place 15.6pts- Team Satisfaction Gauranteed winning a lure.

Muskegon13.jpg

17th place 13.6pts- Team Severus winning a $10.00 gift card to the DNR sports.

Muskegon6.jpg

18th place 11.6pts- Team Minnow winning a $50.00 gift card to Captain Garys from the Muskegon fishing association.

The Skunks

Team Freetime

Jeepfan

the8point

Spindoctor Big Fish Leader

Team Adjusted3 17.4lb. King

Points Leaders (Top 10) Battle Of The Leagues

1st Plumkrazy- 354

2nd Sishooter- 305.6

3rd GLF/DV8or- 292.4

4th place Caznik- 289.8

5th place Tad Pole- 282.8

6th place Paulywood- 266.4

7th place Sea-Mac- 217

8th place Waterfowlhunter83/Smoke73- 213.2

9th place Hollandpiper- 195.6

10th place Dirty Dog- 173.2

The Latest Results

Cazniks King Classic

Sixshooter 167.4

Plumkrazy 144.2

Paulywood 127.4

Caznik 116.8

Dirty Dog 109

Adjusted3 98.4

Hollandpiper 97.2

Water83/smoke73 93.4

Tad pole Skunk 91.2

Dv8or/GLF 84.2

Northern King Challenge

1st- Sixshooter= 274.2

2nd- Plumkrazy= 259

3rd- Paulywood= 227.4

4th- Waterfowlhunter83= 213.2

5th- Tad Pole= 205.2

6th- Caznik= 196.2

7th- Dv8or= 188.2

8th place- Dirty Dog= 173.2

9th place- Hollandpiper= 160

10th place- Hunt4ever= 141.8

Last Place Fishing All 4 Events

Team Severus- 81.8 :D

I really like to thank all of our sponsors with all of these great prizes that was given away at this fishing event. We all sure like everything that was donated to our fishing league this year. Also thanks guys for getting your pictures with your fish. I know some of you guys only caught 1 or 2 fish and still got there picture taken. I really like it when you guys still get them taken no matter what. It really means alot to me because it makes me think you are still having fun.

Thank you,

Caznik

Thanks Rich for putting this together.....As a co-chairman for the St Joe Fishing League, I can speak for all of us and say that you folks were great hosts.....We enjoyed seeing everyone again. Congrats on winning the wooden fishy.....it sure has bopped back and forth over the last 3 years. And yes, we got or AZZes handed to us..

Great Job GLF for winning this one......

Now if someone can just knock me off my big fish pedistal, come on guys, 17-3 is not that hard to break, I went out tonight and boxed a 20-11 and a 18-4!!!

But, I for one, had a great time ont he water. I had the pleasure of having Kevin Fortmyer, an old college buddy (and he was in my wedding some 25 years ago) along with my son who has been unable to fish with me at all this year. He has the same job I do except that we are home alternitive weekends..and we had a great time.

The fog was ALFULL in the am.... Thank goddness for the chart plotter. I punched in a route from the dock to the channel and stuck to it. Took me right there and I split the channel. once in the lake, it turned out great. Was a very hairy ride. I turned it north and dropped in at 40 foot with the graph just lit up with fish from top to bottom...... and could not get them to go. We made 3 passes and turned it out. We had one swipe on the turn out. As the sun rose, I went to the daytime presentaton and still notta. We managed one king on the rotator for the morning bite. We picked up and ran up to the 20's and worked the nets out in that 130 to 155. I had a laker take on the bottom that I released as it was only about 17". I was marking lots of bait between the nets and we just stuck it out but never took another bump. I thought about running out to that 250 but at that point, it was about over. As 11am started to come, we did a slow pull and I pulled in a core board and slapped a ho while I was removing the board. Other then that, fishing was very slow for the morning. I had another friend working the water in Muskegon that morning and he called me at 7am and he too was blank. Funny, we called him on our way in about 11:30 and he said that he had been home for 2 hours and was boxed!!! WTF-----He had yanked his lines and ran to the sand docks and boxed out on kings in less then an hour.....Nice to let me know at 11:30 on my way thru the chanel headed for the dock!!! Oh well.....next time.

Good company, great times mattered most, and we accomplished that.

Don't get too used to that wooded fishey.......It is coming back in the spring at the Brown Blast.....

Mark

Congrats to everyone on just making it through that fog carefully and safely! That was a victory in itself!

Based on fishing from Saturday evening, we went out and shut down in 120fow. The marks were very similiar to Saturday; lots of fish up top and some fish down deeper. We never got a taker shallower than 40' down. With just two of us in the boat, we ended up 1 for 4. All of our hits came in about 140fow. We gave up 1 fish on a double and then lost another double while netting the first fish. The second fish(still in the rod holder) came across the net handle while we were netting! A splish-splash later and both fish came unbuttoned.

Good work to all of the teams. Looking forward to the last one in September!

Congrats to all of the teams.

Sorry about the fall but we did in early august with a 20 pound even fish:lol:

Yes you got a beautiful 20lb fish in the Dreamweaver Challenge. Unfortunately, it was not a league event. So...I believe Mark's fish still stands as the big fish.

Rich will need to clarify.

I almost forgot to thank the cazman for all his hard work again on another great event, Thanks Rich! And also thanks to my crew for landing the fish and putting me on a few fish after i had run out of options on what to do.

Minnow,

I am really sorry..... I misspoke....I thought it was a 17.3. Rich corrected us... it was a

you got one more chance........gosh we got that one at the first event.....We even let all of them GROW up since then....

Minnow, I will be the first to shake your hand if you can knock us off.....But........there is always next year. ( I will still shake your hand)

Mark