Salmon boil ?

GIBBY74

This is called Portugese fish boil. I am 50%, as my mother was born and met and married my dad when stationed in the acscors during vietnam. so this is how mom prepared it

1. Big Pot.

2. Big burner

In the pot add cabbage. whole red potatos with or without skins, Carrots, whole white onions, Polish Kebalsa, Hot dogs, Any kind of fish you want, obviously I use Salmon cut into strips 2" wide. Boil all together and serve in serving bowl and add on pepper. olive oil and a little whire vinager and serve.

Ive had this with red snapper, swordfish. shark. Telapha, Pacific salmon, Poloc and great lakes salmon. pretty good anyway ive had it. When all boild together each has its own unique taste pleasing to the taste buds.

• 9 months later...

Mine is closer to the Wisconsin Fish Boil.

Big pot with lots of water ( mine is 8 gal with a basket) . Add about a cup of kosher or pickling salt and bring to a boil.

Add skinned onions, one per person, and leave the root tip as best you can to hold it together...vadelias are great.

After 5 minutes, add one potatoe per person. Boil about 40 minutes, or until potatoes feel close to done.

Add another 1/2 cup of salt and the fish of choice. I use lakers or salmon, filets that are skinned, and add them to the pot in a basket. Boil another 12 minutes.

Serve with lots of melted butter.

I just cleaned out the freezer and did this for a camping group Memorial Day weekend, and some had 3 helpings! Others who generally don't eat fish tried it and had seconds.

Mike

http://www.lakemichiganangler.com/recipes/fish/door_county_fish_boil_photos.htm

Fish Boil Recipe

At Home Fish Boil - serves 8

16 chunks of Whitefish (2†slices) or fish of choice

16 small red potatoes (ends cut off)

16 small white onions (peeled)

1/2 lb. salt

2 gal. water

Add 1/4 lb of salt to water and bring to a boil. Add potatoes and boil for 16 minutes. Add onions and boil for 4 minutes more. Add fish and another 1/4 lb salt, boil for 10 minutes and drain into a colander. Serve with melted butter, lemon and coleslaw.

I like this recipe the best. I just sub my own fish.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/SPICY-BOILED-CRABS-SHRIMP-POTATOES-CORN-AND-GARLIC-12397