smoking salmon??s

I am getting ready to smoke my first batch of salmon. I will be actually smoking this evening. I have read a ton about it and I think I have a good brine(it if brining as I type this). I have an electric smoker. I know about what tempeture to smoke at and what temp to smoke to. What I need to know is do I fill up the water bowl and how much wood do I use? It has a big bowl for water and a smaller bowl for wood. I am planning on using cherry and apple.

thank you in advance for any advice you can give me.

fill the bowl up so that the water is about 1" from being full. I expiremented with this and if you dont use water the edges of the fish will burn and I also noticed that the fish is dryer. Ive been smoking fish along time and have done it with charcole, electric and now recently my new gas smoker and the water in the bowl is a must for fish. Venision It was not as important as long as you keep the temp down as red meat does not burn as fast as fish.

i use the same brine as priority 1 and make sure the water pan is full , i add i can of beer to the water and 2 apples sliced in quarters and keep it smokeing from the time you put it in till its done ,also i will spinke with a little brown suger when it is almost done

thanks for the info guys. After reading the forums a ton I decide to try dangerdans for my first attempt at smoking. I am planning on basting a couple of them towards the end with a little brown sugar. I am also going to try a little cajun seasoning on some.

I know this post is late, but try using Apple Juice in place of the water. The old fasion/apple farm/pulp still in the juice kind, that comes in used milk jugs. I tried this with some Pheasants I smoked in my Propane Baker smoker last fall and (OH MY GOD) it was awsome. I can't wait for my anual river king trips this year.:P

i use the same brine as priority 1 and make sure the water pan is full , i add i can of beer to the water and 2 apples sliced in quarters and keep it smokeing from the time you put it in till its done ,also i will spinke with a little brown suger when it is almost done

Terry, That is alchohol abuse!:mad: