grilled salmon

jimbobber

cut salmon with skin into serving sizes.

liberaly add these spices to flesh side.

salt

pepper

garlic powder

lawrys season salt

cayean pepper(go lite with this)

dried dill weed

grill fish 7 to 10 min. on first side.( skin side)

flip it over and cook until done about 5 to 7 min.

serve with lemon wedges yummy!!

Heres what may be the easiest/best tasting recipe in the world for grilled salmon. Lay fillet on aluminum foil skin down. Cover fillet with one small jar Salsa. Mild medium or hot, your choice. Wrap fillet tight in foil except small air hole at top and put on Medium/high heat grill for 20 minutes. Serve fish from foil. No mess and it's great.

• 11 months later...

i & a lot of other folks just love skinned filets brushed with olive oil & seasoned with montreal steak seasoning. build a tinfoil boat & add a little oil to the foil so they don't stick & grill on low till done. you're gonna like it.

You guys have to try this. heat butter until it separates with the white stuff on top. Scoop that off and throw away. Take this clarified butter and baste it on a whole filet with skin on. Put on grill with skin side down. Let the grill take its time to cook the fish. Baste a couple of times as it cooks. The last time you open the grill, crumble a light covering of brown sugar over the fish. Remove the fish from the grill when the brown sugar has melted. Don't over baste the fish with butter because it will run off and flame up.

Let me know how you like it.

• 3 weeks later...

Gentlemen , try this. At Sams Club or maybe your local store has it,marinade the Salmon for about two hours. Grill meat side down forst for 5 to seven minutes then side flip over to skin side for another 7 minutes. You will love this and use the Marinade for Dipping sauce....Served with fresh cut Green beans soked in Butter and you arte good to go.

Our favorite is to thin down mayo with dry vermouth to make it runny and easily spreadable with your basting brush, mix in a good dose of garlic powder and paprika. Baste on both sides while grilling.....no foil. Yum!

I always skin and debone my fish at the cleaning station too.

Mike

P.S. Works great on pork chops too!

• 1 year later...

When I grill I often add fresh squezzed lemon and/or lime on before or during the marinade. I think the citric acid helps loosen/leech some of the fatty oils that can make salmon a little strong for some tastes. It really mellows it out and gives it a zesty kick. My father in law is doesn't like salmon but he couldn't get enough. I use it with italian dressing and with a little evo and dill.

Citric acid is strong enough to actually start breaking down the tissue. It will pull out some of the oil and tenderize as well.

Adds a whole new taste dimension and shortens the cooking time.

Try your recipe and grill on a cedar or maple plank skin side to the board. Presoak the board overnight and keep a water spray bottle handy to keep the wood from flaring too much. Your cooking time will be a little longer but the smoky flavour can't be beat.

For a sweet variation drizzle on some maple syrup.