A friend of mine and I got started about 5:30am, we almost turned around at the pier heads, I didn't know if my boat could handle the beating we were about to take but we were both good swimmers so we ventured out. We only fished with 2 rods until light becasue I could stand up in the boat. We took 5 kings in the next 45 mins and missed one more. 4 came on a green and white glow spoon fishmans something(bought at meijers), 2 on a glow J-plug green and white #5(one got off) and the other on a moonshine with 3 black dots.

It was fast and furious and then of course someone told the fish breaksfast was over cuz they were gone.

All Fish caught in 70-80' 35-45 down and the 2 on J plug were 110 back on dipsey.

Marv

Nice Job!! We kind of ran into the same thing Sunday morningg:D!!! Very BIG waves but the fish were Biting so we stuck it out. Went out of Muskegon tonight for 2 hours (6 - 8pm) and went 0 for 0 very rough on the water tonight also. Only heard of 3 fish from other boaters on the radio with most catches out around 150 fow. It is nice living right here in Muskegon and if it is not happening go home and try it another day..

Yeah, great job on those early morning kings. Redeye is right. If I lived in Muskegon, I would definitely get out more frequently. He is lucky in my book. Hey, how early does the state park open for launches? I want to get out early this Saturday.

Tight lines to all