Will Bigger Blades = Bigger Fish?

Being around as long as I have in the fishing Guiding and chartering business, I've been blessed to meet and come in contact with some really nice people. Some actually having the confidence and trust in me to let me Pro Staff for them or try some of their newer products in my business. I'll never be able to re-pay the early Storm Lure company/family for their early trust in me, when I started guiding in 1986 for Salmon and Steelhead's out of my Drift Boat. Nor Dave Storm of Ka'Boom Lures, for his continued trust in me. And even though a guy in my position risks getting called or perceived as a liar, because of getting these free or cheaper products when making posts about his success's when using them, I've always tried my best to back any posts up with both pictures and facts concerning any posts about them.

Recently I've been blessed again by the manufacturer of yet another quality product. As with the other products, I go into this particular arrangement with my eyes wide open willing to give the product a fair shake and an honest review if and when it works for me here on Saginaw Bay. I've fielded hundreds of personal E-mails and PM's from message boards over the years from people from around the U.S. who have read my posts about many of the things I both use and have modified. I have never (at least I hope not) given anybody any false expectations about any one lure or technique that has worked for me here on Saginaw Bay. Similar to my charters, I do not guarantee fish, nobody honestly can. And most all of us know that some things that work on one body of water often does not work on others. I can however (with a reasonable reliability) speculate from my total experiences during the 50 years I've been fishing, rather some things I see and think about trying might work or not. So after this long, boring intro, enter the new #8 Tommy Harris blades. These big Thumpers, in the colors we've all been craving, show some real promise in my eyes. My first application with these monsters will be with a modified Eyeliminator. I'll be taking off the regular size TH blade and replacing it with this bigger version. Will bigger blades equal more or bigger fish? We'll see. Here's a sneak peak at the blades and some of the colors Tommy will be putting on these rigs early next year.

IM001441.sized.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Kahuna.

Heres a couple of decent pictures of the eyliminators and some of the Gulp products I'm successfully using on them. The rigs are tied with thin wire and the hooks they come with are a set of 2 Tru-Turns. They've worked pretty good, but when they eventually get messed up I dismantle and re-tie the entire rig with plastic coated #20 test wire and change the hooks over to a Mustad #2 single and a #6 treble at the back.

IM001430.sized.jpg

IM001450.sized.jpg