Wash down Pump, Alternator

I just added a 700 GPH aerator pump to use for wash down. It's mostly for washing fish slime off the deck. It could also be used to cool down the crew.:lol: I always wanted a wash down system to clean things up on the water. It should save me having to clean the boat when I get home. I also keep some Dawn Detergent and a brush with a handle onboard. SWAB THE DECK.:lol:

I also just installed a new alternator. The old one was overcharging, and rather than replace just the regulator, I replace the whole thing. It was 21 yo. I replaced it cheaper than having the old one rebuilt.

I think I'll Launch Mon and check things out. I may as well do a little Walleye fishing also.:grin:

Priority1 passed the shakedown cruise with flying colors.

I picked up 4 walleyes one got off at the boat and another one broke the harness. 3 fish came on the same harness with a purple blade. 2oz. 30 back over 33-36 FOW.:) By the time I figured out what they wanted it's was time to come in. I did catch one big kitty cat. All the fish I caught were Keepers, except the one with whiskers.:) Sometimes it doesn't matter what you try with Walleye, and other times they want it their way.:)

• 4 weeks later...
I just added a 700 GPH aerator pump to use for wash down. It's mostly for washing fish slime off the deck. It could also be used to cool down the crew.:lol: I always wanted a wash down system to clean things up on the water. It should save me having to clean the boat when I get home. I also keep some Dawn Detergent and a brush with a handle onboard. SWAB THE DECK.:lol:

I also just installed a new alternator. The old one was overcharging, and rather than replace just the regulator, I replace the whole thing. It was 21 yo. I replaced it cheaper than having the old one rebuilt.

I think I'll Launch Mon and check things out. I may as well do a little Walleye fishing also.:grin:

How hard was the pump to install?

The pump was easy to install. I had to drill a 1-1/8 inch hole through the lower part of the transom. I used some 3M marine adhesive made for below the waterline. My battery is almost right above the pump so I added a fuse and a switch near the back of the boat. The pump will NOT spray with a great deal of force, but it does spray enough water to wash the fish slime off the deck. They make washdown pumps that cost about 4 times as much that I'm sure would have a lot more pressure.:)

Washdowns are a nice addition to the boat. They definitely make clearing out the slime and blood a breeze. As said, theyre super easy to install. I already had a pick up for my livewell, so i just put a "T" on and plumbed it to the pump from there. If im using my livewell for walleyes, i just shut it down when using the washdown pump. My pump doesnt have tons of pressure, but getting from my buddy for free, you wont hear me complain too much;):grin:...I also added a quick change connector to my hose so i can remove it quickly and easily if need be.