Holland to Saugatuck, 7/31 and 8/1

After our awesome Wheatley steelhead trip came over to Michigan for a awesome time after kings. Wouldn't call it awesome fishing but caught some big fish and had lots of fun.

Tuesday evening fished from 6:15-10:30. Finished 7/10 all kings, and without the technical difficulties of a bow light short circuit, most definitely would have been better. Setup up in 70 fow just south of the pierheads. First fish came only 30 secs after the first rod in the water, a 15 lb king on a Caramel Dolphin stinger. After that we went dry. Trolled south and west to 130 fow and got um going about 8:30. Blue bubble spinny and blue bubble fly took 2 hits. Full core NBK took 2 hits. 8 Color Double Orange Crush, this fish was over 20 lbs easily (I say this b/c you should have seen the tail flip he gave us) but the guy reeling let just enough slack line and the fish was gone after 15 mins or so with 5 colors still out. Green holo crush spinny and pickled sunshine took 1 hit. Blue Dolphin on rigger 45 down. Can't remember what else. Very productive night. Our first double on Lake Michigan too!

Wednesday morning didn't go as good a we hoped with the excellent reports as of late, but it definitely could have been worse. Finished 6/9 2 kings, 2 coho, 2 steel, went back to our same area. Took a couple of fish after about an hour, trolled in towards 80 fow b/c heard it was hot. Picked up a coho on the way in and a steelie on the way out, 80 fow was no good for us. Back out to 130, trolled through our spot going NE and hit one on 8 color, my dad took that, then a dipsy fired and I took that because I didn't want it to tangle in the core. As I was reeling in this 9 lber, a half core went off, our first triple! Boat 2/3 my king and my dads steelie. I grabbed the other core b/c our guests didnt want to try again. Very big fish, I think could have been another steelie as it broke water way back but my stupid knot gave and that was that, the first time that has happened to me. Oh well, fair day, no color was best, fishing was hit and miss, especially after we hit the triple we thought here we go, no such luck. Finshed around noon.