went out friday, saturday, and sunday with 2 buddies primarily for muskie, but also brought the ultra lite rods with some crawlers for what evers bitin in the middle of the day. friday the one bud got a 37in. muskie on a j-19 rapela some yellow and green holografic color and we all caught several bass smallies and largies the smallmouth fishing is awsome, a few northens and walleyes. friday on the fourth cast a 35in. muskie slammed my perch kikin minnow 9in. model then about half hour later a 45in. grabbed the same bait:grin: that was some sweet action!!!! the fish had some weird groth on it and a lamprey stuck to it which the net rubbed it off . we had numerous follows all three days, caught a few more walleye and pike. this was my first time to st.clair and not my last!!!

47in. is the biggest I have caught that was on lake webster, indiana. I am from Fort Wayne In. there are many muskie stocked lakes within a hour of here, but there is a lot of fishing pressure, a lot of bass tournaments so most of the time I'm doing good to get one per day, there is always some kind of action, follows, strikes or lost fish the lakes around here are small so catching 2 in one day was a thrill!!! Not to mention all the bass, northerns and walleye we caught while muskie fishing st.clair (all were relesed by the way)

• 1 month later...

Josh.

Heres some local history info for you concerning those lampreys. The ones that attack Muskies, Sturgeons (and for the most part) other non-salmo species in Lake St.Claire and Erie are called Silver Lampreys, are smaller then the others and are one of the few actually native to the Great lakes.

silver_lampreyNY%20State.jpg

lampreyscarsonmuskie4small.jpg

• 1 month later...
Josh.

Heres some local history info for you concerning those lampreys. The ones that attack Muskies, Sturgeons (and for the most part) other non-salmo species in Lake St.Claire and Erie are called Silver Lampreys, are smaller then the others and are one of the few actually native to the Great lakes.

silver_lampreyNY%20State.jpg

lampreyscarsonmuskie4small.jpg

Seen them many times. Mostly attached to sturgeon or muskys. Also have seen them being burped up from walleyes in the SCR. Good food source for them.

• 5 weeks later...