Muskegon 7/24 Afternoon

I took half a off work and went fishing with a friend from work and his family. We left the dock noon, and set up on a South troll in 56FOW.

At 1:00pm, we had our first taker. This was a nice king on a 2 color core with a Michigan Stinger Orange Killer(Stingray size) in 62FOW. I had the board removed and the fish was 20' behind the boat when it came unbuttoned.

Brian man handled the rod the best he could and was a little upset after doing all the work, only to loose it 20' behind the boat :mad:

Brian.jpg

We made it down to the nets and turned West to make a troll between the nets. When we hit 85FOW, a full core with a Michigan Stinger Craigs x-mas reverse(Stingray size) went off. Brians older brother Brad was up and I put the full core in his hands. :D

As soon as this rod was in Brads hand, a 3 color with a Michigan Stinger Tangerine(Stingray size) also went. Brian hopped up to the job and was into his second fish.

We landed both of these fish. A 10lb king on the full core and a 4lb steelhead on the 3 color.

I reset both of these rods and we made it out to 90FOW when a 1/2 core with a Michigan Stinger Chicken Wing(Stingray size) went. Jeff was up next and looked to be a seasoned veteran on the rod.

Jeff.jpg

We boxed this fish. A nice 10lb king.

The next rod to go was a wire diver with an 11" white protroll flasher with a Siggs Rigs Green Hypnotist fly took a rip in 90FOW. This was set on 3 and had 180' on the counter. I put this rod in Melonies hands. We boxed this 5lb coho.

The 3 color with the Michigan Stinger Tangerine went again in 65FOW. Brian was up and hand his hands full getting this one in. Ended up dad hanging onto the rod and he was using both hands to reel it in. We boxed this fish.

The fishing had slowed and it was time to change some baits. I let Brian pick out a spoon to put down. He picked out a Michigan Stinger Blue Freakin Veggies. I put this on a 1/2 core and sent it out.

We had been on a North troll working our way back to the pier. We were almost straight out from the pier when a the full core with the Michigan Stinger Craigs x-mas reverse went again. We no sooner had the rod in Brads hand and it came unbuttoned.

We had to be at Fishermans Landing by 6pm to use the fish cleaning station before the office closed at 6pm.

We started pulling lines when the 1/2 core with the Michigan Stinger Blue Freakin Veggies went off. While Brad was we were pulling the rest of the lines. We boxed this fish and it was another king around 10lbs.

I showed Brian the lure that we caught the fish on. His face lit up with a smile from ear to ear when he saw it was the bait he picked out.

We got the fish in the boat and made a run for Fishermans Landing. We made it there at 5:55pm. Just in time before she left the office.

We ended up 6 for 8.

Catch_973209.jpg