Had last week off and got out several times out of Frankfort. Took a bunch of kings before daybreak and not very many after. Kings were smaller on the average, 12-15 pounds. Had terrrible south wind all week and temp was way way down. Everything would go early, riggers from 40-65 were the best, with Flounder Pounder and Hot Lobster taking most of the abuse. Green Spin Doctor with a no see um fly was my best dipsey set up. Charters were running 450 feet of copper and 20 colors of lead. Didn't get a chance to go over the weekend, but with the north wind that blew Thurs. and Fri. I bet fishing was great.

mark,

fished out of glen arbor fri. night, sat. morn and eve. by the north island and totaled apprx. 20 fish. they ranged from skippers to lunkers.

do you ever fish north ( glen arbor or leland ) or stick with frankfort. i live in g.r. but fish with the father-in-law (maple city ) a lot during july, august and sept.

could use a resource when i'm north, can you be of assistance ?

I have fished out of Leland and Glen Arbor, running to the island from both ports, but I mostly fish out of Frankfort.

Since the crowds are getting worse, I am going to try out of Glen Arbor a lot more the rest of the year. PM me and I will try to offer what assistance I can and if you up fishing, give a call on the radio, channel 10. Boat name is Grind Line.