Dreamweaver Challenge 7-22

Our finally tally for the day was 6 for 8. Saturday we caught our bigger fish in the bottom 10' of water. This was the depth We were going to target.

Our day started off in the same water from the day before. Our spread consisted of 2 spinner/fly combos on the riggers, with a spoon slider on each line. Two full core, one 5 color and one 6 color. Things did not start off with a bang like they did on Saturday. When it did finally start, we started off with a double. Two rods went off at almost the the same time. These fish were both on the full cores in 56FOW. One was on the Easter Egg, and the other blue/green w/ice cycle tape. We got one fish behind the boat, and he decided he was not ready to be netted, turned and peeled 50 yds of line back off the reel. The other fish we got behind the boat and I quickly scooped him up, and cleared the net. This was a 12lb king. We got the other fish back behind the boat, just out of net range when he turned, shook his head a couple of times and said, "see you later"! This fish was at least as big as the first one we boated, if not bigger.

We finally managed to snake our way through all of the boat traffic for another pass through the area we had the double. Same spot as the first pass, BAM....fish on! This was on a full core again blue/green w/ice cycle tape. This was another nice king we put in the box.

After a lengthy trip down and back, threading the needle through all of the boats, we almost got on the same troll. This time the blue/green w/ice cycle on the full core went again.

I pushed my luck twice getting the boat back on the same troll, and each time it paid off, but I was not going to try it again. We continued South towards the nets. About half way to the nets, I swung the boat to the NW. We went quite a ways before I swung it back to the SE. We picked up our 4th fish on the SE troll. This was a small brown trout.

We continued down to the nets, and I decided it was time to pull the spinners off the riggers. I changed out the spinners and put the boat on a West troll on the South side of the nets. I marked a nice fish at 80' down on the fish finder, and sent a rigger down to 80'. We got between the first and second sets of nets and I pointed the boat NW. The rigger I had just sent down to 80' went. This ended up being a 14.6lb king on the blue dolphin.

Muskegon3.jpg

Muskegon5.jpg

After we boxed this fish and I reset the rigger, I reeled in 5 colors of the full core with the blue/green w/ice cycle, attached a 4oz Dive Bomb and sent it back out. This rod went off about 15 minutes after I set it. This ended up being another nice king. We reset it, and trolled for the last 30 minutes without another bump.

Our five fish weighed 55lbs.

It was a long ride back to the weigh in. Something went wrong with one of my carbs and I could not start one of the engines. We made it to weigh in with 10 minutes to spare :eek:

After the weigh in, and pot luck, I went back to the boat and pulled the carb. There was a piece of dirt/debree stuck in the needle vavle. I cleaned it up and put it back together. After it was back togehter, I put it back on, and started up the engine.

Here's my report. First off I'd like to thank Rich, Dreamweaver, Big Jon, Captain Gary's and all of the other sponsors and volunteers that helped out. It was another great time. Also, thanks to Brian, Hunt4Ever, for the wild boar brat saturday night, it helped take the edge off sunday morning.:D Now to the report:

Due to multiple issues our original plan to run north past the nets was replaced by a new plan, set lines outside of the harbor because it was already 5 am. We angled south out of the harbor and started setting lines in 40 ft. Pointed the boat northwest through a hole in the pack and worked out to 70 ft. with nothing going. Turned north and picked up our first fish in 80 ft. out from the stack. Wire diver on 3 100' back w/ Double Crush Glow SD/Sledgehammer Fly took a real nice king. Took our second fish around 90' on a half core w/ Super Glow Lemon Icicle. Another nice king. Turned west and took a third fish on the Hello Darlin' as a free slider on a rigger set 45' down in 110'. Good king. Turned around and weaved through the pack up to 80 ft. with nothing happening so we headed back out and promptly took a fish on a 7 color w/ Mixed Veggie spoon in 100'. Another good king. Trolled out to 125' and then turned back in. Worked our way in to 80 ft. again w/ nothing happening so we turned back around and trolled back out. In 115' we took another king on the half core Lemon Icicle set up to end our day. Took a rip on the Double Glow Spinnie wire set up and a rip on the half core w/ no one home. Also donated a full core/board/Glow Frog setting up when we snagged, don't know what on we were nowhere near the nets in 70 ft. of water. Our big fish was 13.6 lbs. and small fish was 10.8, 5 fish box of 59.4 lbs. Great day on the water and the whole crew had a lot of fun.